Chapter 2

Yuri's POV:
I watched him as he flew across the ice faster than the human eye could see. Afraid that if I blink at any given moment, I would miss the performance of a life time. 'He's...' The moment he stopped he bowed politely and smiled beautifully 'gorgeous...' I silently watched him tie his long shinny white hair back into a ponytail.

Victor looks over to me "Yuri~" he says sweetly.

"Y-yes..." I continue to stare at him.

"Come on over here~ It's lonely skating all by myself." He smiles brightly.

"B-but I gave up." I hesitate.

He pauses for a moment but then smiles again "Then make your comeback right here right now! I'm your biggest fan and I've missed you~"

'What is this precious idiot saying...' I blush madly as he makes his way over to me. He grabs my hands in his and inches his face closer to mine.

"I can tell you want to come back." He presses his forehead against mine "Y-Yuri..!" He moves his face away from mine and presses one of his cold hands where is forehead was "you're burning up again!!"

The itchy feeling in My throat continues to bother me 'Yesterday I coughed up enough petals to make a full rose!! I don't want Victor to know of my disgusting illness. He might think I'm creepy...' I shake my head slightly and try perking my lips up to smile.

"D-don't worry. Its probably just a cold." I put one hand on the back of my neck and laugh awkwardly.

"And you haven't been yourself lately either." He says out of no where.

"What do you mean...?" I pause and look at him.

"You're not-... nothing. Never mind." He shakes his head in disbelief.

I blink twice and decide to ignore it. He grabs my hands in his and spins me around on the ice. Carefully pulling me to him so we don't trip over each other. 'I haven't been on the ice for so long.' My eyes drop lower 'But I'll never forget my fail. I'll never forget the moment my body met the ice, right then and there, I knew my career was over.' I look up slightly at Victor 'he beats me at everything. And I want to become better. I want to get up to his level so maybe one day he'll take my hand but...'

"HEY VICTOR YOU GOT A LITTLE TIME FOR CHITCHAT?!" I hear Yurio shout at us from the bleachers.

He lets go of my hand and skates over towards Yurio and Otabek. I watch as the three laugh over and over again because of one of their silly inside jokes. I skate over to Yuuko and her boyfriend Takeshi on the other side. I pout upset and she pats my head in a comforting way.

"What's up?" Yuuko says sweetly "Upset your little boyfriend isn't spending time with you at the moment.

I look down "Shut up."

Takeshi takes Yuuko's hand off my head "I get we're all childhood friends here but I am your boyfriend you know." He says blushing.

"Don't be like that. You know I'm only trying to make yuri feel better!" Yuuko looks over at him upset.

Takeshi sighs "Whatever I'm going for some snacks." He put his hands in his coat pockets and walks out towards the sliding doors to leave.

"Weren't you a little hard on him?" I say as we both watch him go.

"Probably but." She reaches over the small barrier and wraps her arms around me "Your broken hearted right now. I can't just ignore that!"

"I haven't been rejected yet stop scaring me! And I never plan to confess..." I say quietly.

She lets go of me to look at me "What! But you have to tell him how you feel!! You never know until-..." I put my hand over her mouth the keep her quiet.

"What am I supposed to say? I liked you for a really long time? Everytime I'm around you I feel butterflies and everytime we touch my heart just beats faster and faster to the point where I feel like it'll just jump out of my chest!!" I remove my hand from her mouth and sigh heavily.

"Well I didn't know you liked Yuuko, Yuri!" I hear Victor behind me.

I turn around quickly and shake my hands in the air "No way not in a million years!!"

Yuuko smacks me behind the head "That's mean!"

"What I meant to say is no, she has a boyfriend first of all a-and second of all I like someone else!" I look away blushing like mad "I-I was just rehearsing what I was going to say to this person..."

Victor wraps his arms around me "It's me isn't it?" He says happily.

"Well..." I open my mouth to say something when he starts to laugh. 

"I'm just kidding. I bet she's going to be a very lucky girl." He smiles brightly.

'Girl. A girl... No you have it all wrong... I-I like you... dummy...' An itchy feeling starts to fill my throat but before I could respond I start coughing heavily. I fall to my knees roughly and clash my hands around my mouth aggressively.

"Y-yuri!!" Victor kneels down next to me "You're still sick aren't you!!" He pats my back in hopes of helping me.

I shake my head and continue to cough and try hacking up the stupid petals. 'I don't want Victor to see but this hurts so much.' My vision starts to get blurry and somehow I feel myself not even being able to breath anymore. Like I'm choking. In the corner of my eyes I see Yurio and Otabek running over to us. I hear Yuuko asking them to call my parents. 'I don't feel so good...' I stop but the petals continue to choke me. Unable to breath I wrap my arms around Victor's neck and grab onto his shirt.

"Yuri?! Are you okay? Can you hear-..." Before Victor could finish my hearing goes away.

'Is this what it's like...? I'm going to pass out from the lack of air going to my lungs...' My vision starts to slowly turn black so I start closing my eyes 'I looked it up the other day... what it meant to cough up flower petals and now... I'm sure of it.' Not being able to control my actions because of the numbness over coming my body I let go of Victor and fall onto the ice helplessly. 'This is the illness born from one-sided love. Hanahaki.' Everything goes black.

"YURI!!!" Victor yelling scared is the last thing I hear.

...........
"The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient coughs up flowers or flower petals. The only cure is to have that love reciprocated, or to somehow wipe away all one's memories of their beloved person. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals."
...........