Chapter 5

Yuri's POV:

"Man, I can't believe Yuuko would just be absent today! And we have that project too." I say worried "I hope takeshi is helping take care of her..."

"You messed school the other day." Victor says out of the blue "You've missed a lot of days actually..."

"Things aren't looking so good." I say rather hesitantly "I don't want to bother but-..."

He stop me by waving his arms in the air "Your not bothering me at all. Tell me." He says with a kind smile on his face.

'Why does he have to be so darn cute...' Blushing madly I shake my head to get the idea out of my mind 'I want to tell him but, I've been passing it off as being sick or breathing problems for so long. Nobody knows except my parents and childhood friend Yuuko.' I open my mouth to speak but no words come out.

"I have some breathing problems is all." I say "Don't worry about me, baka."

"Nani?" He chuckles then suddenly gets all serious "OF COURSE IM GOING TO WORRY IF YOU GO SEEING DOCTORS AND MESSING SCHOOL ALL THE DAMN TIME!" He shouts loudly.

"It's not that bad! I swear..." I say rather unsure of myself.

"Really? Be honest with me." He puts his hands on my shoulders to block me from walking away "Look me in the eyes and say it."

'In his eyes, huh?' I try looking into his beautiful blue eyes 'it's like he's reading my mind or something...'  His eyes staring back into mine. Like painful daggers penetrating my soul. 'he's not staring hard but his gaze is so much to make my heart go crazy...'

"It's nothing to be concerned about..." I say nervously.

"I believe you~" He perks his lips up into a gorgeous smile

[THE NEXT DAY]

The birds chirping and prancing about outside. The steady flow of warm morning air fills the room from the opened window. The slightly annoying sound of a broken coffee maker also rings through out the room. The doctor sighs heavily as he bangs the top part in hopes of getting it to work. Sitting down on the counter against the wall I reach up to grab a something from the medicine cabinet. After having a heated conversation about my issues we went slient for almost 10 minutes now.

"At least say something." I mumble under my breath.

"Do you understand me Yuri? You can't continue like this..." My doctor turns the machine off in disappointment he won't get his morning coffee.

"Continue like what? Living...?" I say with a depressing tone.

"No!" He says unpleased "Continue ignoring your problems! You'll only become weaker!"

"I've always had poor health doc. I wasn't the type of kind that did very well when it came to the common cold." I sigh.

"And? That just means you need a little push." He smiles.

I close the cabinet door "To do what?"

"One choice is surgery." He pauses a moment in case I wanted to say something "The next is staying with in our care for healing."

"So you know what it is doctor?" I jump off the counter "Since I need surgery you know what your looking for?" I tilt my head to the side.

"Not exactly... But, it looks to be plants growing within your lungs! That's life threatening!!" He shouts rather loudly.

"It's Hanahaki! I'm telling you!" I talk back "What else could it be? It's incurable!!"

"We've save your life yuri!" He tries reassuring me."

I chuckle at his words "Why? It's not like I'm much worth around here anyways. It'd be better for everyone if I wasn't here anymore." I look down to the tile floor before he could see me tear up "No matter what I do I never seem to please anyone, especially not my father. I have no plans for my own future. My health had always been bad.... And to top it all off I know it's just the smallest things that bother me but I'm emotionally unstable!"

"Yuri-..." I cut him off my slamming a hand on the counter.

"I know people have it much more worst... I know I have no reason to pity my own life. But, the thing is I know I'll be okay... it's just... I can't seem to get this feeling of loneliness and abandonment to go away!" I shout loudly with warm tears rolling down my face.

He sighs heavily and puts his hands on my shoulders "I couldn't understand. But I know you must be strong and make a choice. It's either live like this or have the surgery."

"There you go again about surgery! It's all about the experiments and money with you all." I brush his hands off "Cause I'm young? A tumor to the lungs is so rare in a teen? It's infected so it'll affect other parts of my body as well?" I try wiping away the tears but they keep pouring down.

"We just want to save you! Your time is running out!!" He shouts loudly "If we don't do anything you'll eventually die!"

My eyes go mellow with shock and with sorrow "How will you remove them? The flowers are connect to my feelings!!"

[LATER THAT DAY]

The day went as dark as night as the sun light was covered by gray cloud. In the blink of a eye the rain started to pour down heavily to the point where you could hear it inside.
You weren't at school today?
My phone buzzes lightly in the corner of my nightstand. Slowly I reach my hand outwards and towards it lifting it up to see who it's from.
How are you?
Was it serious?
I grab my phone in my hand and turn over in bed. Wrapping the blankets around me to the point where I look like a spring roll.
Are you still sick?
Smiling to myself I look at the bright screen in the dark I start texting to reply. 'I'm still not feeling too well...' I hit send and sigh to myself 'Don't worry though. You know me I'll get better before you even know it!'
Okay, Take care of yourself~
Slightly blushing I type without thinking 'It's nice to know you were worried:)' And instead of deleting it my finger hit send which caused me to sit up quickly in distress.
It's natural! I'm your friend of course I'm going to worry...
'Of course' I think to myself and lay back down on the bed not too surprised. 'I want to tell you everything that's going on but I just can't bring myself too. There's a lot more than just being sick. But, I wouldn't want you to worry.' I turn off the device and toss it to the side.

"One day. I'll be open minded enough to tell you everything in my heart... including my feelings." I smile to myself.

...........
"The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient coughs up flowers or flower petals. The only cure is to have that love reciprocated, or to somehow wipe away all one's memories of their beloved person. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals."
...........