Chapter 3

Yuri's POV:

"YURI?!!" Victors yelling fills my ears on repeat like a broken record player.

A sudden shock of  pain comes from my heart causing me to jolt up from my sleep. 'Where am I..?' I open my eyes to a bright light shimmering from an open window. I look around moving my head from side to side. 'I'm in a hospital bed..?' I notice the room interior to be one of a hospital. 'Why am I here? What happened?" I reach my right arm upwards towards the ceiling and sort of stare at it.

"Victor was yelling my name?" I quietly question myself before watching a hand grasp mine that's up in the air.

"Yes I was." I hear Victor's soft voice replacing his screams "You scared me half to death when you passed out." I see him kneel over me on the bed as he grasps onto my hand tighter.

"Sorry, but um, what happened..?" I sigh heavily looking away.

He leans in closer "You were coughing like crazy and then you passed out. You weren't breathing so we called the ambulance and they took you to the er. It's been a day since they got you out of cardiac arrest."

I blush as he holds my other hand in his 'Dummy if you do that... the feeling of your hand is so comforting.' I feel my eyes well up with tears 'It hurts but when your here I feel so much more better.'

"Are you okay..? Are you really just a little sick?" Victor says with a worried tone.

"I'm fine. Honestly." I shrugs it off.

"Don't mess with me! I talked to the others and you've been seeing doctors! Tell me Yuri~!" He says frantically.

"I'm fine!!" I raise my voice slightly.

'I don't want him to worry... I've been keeping it in for so long it'll be a waste to bother him with all this unnecessary things. He'll start to think of me as annoying. Maybe he'll think I want him to pity me.' I sigh to myself and apologize shyly. 'It might be more than a cold. It might not even be Hanahaki but something more major.'

"Tell me if any things bothering you." He pouts and let's go of my hands to get up "I'll go tell your doctor your awake."

I nod slightly as I watch him exit the room. I sit up slowly and look over to see a vase of flowers next to me. 'Carnations huh? They mean refusal and yet acceptance...' I laugh sadly to myself and wipe my eyes to stay awake. Once again the annoying feeling fills my throat as I begin to cough like there's no tomorrow. 'Not again!' I clasp my hands against my mouth to catch the brightly colored petals. One by one until there was enough to make a full flower.

Staring into my palm "I'm sick and tired of this!!" I throw the petals onto the floor with rage "Hanahaki is born from one-sided love!!" I shout angrily "What do they want me to do? I can't change how I feel and I can't get rid of this burning feeling deep within me..." using my left hand I grasp on my shirt over my heart "I love him..." tears roll down my eyes "I'll suffer the pain... if it would mean I could stay by his side."

A sudden knock on the door makes me realize I was talking out loud. Quickly I pull the blankets over me and roll onto my side as the door slides open. The sound of a couple of shoes enter the room with a loud click and clack. I pull up blankets down a little to see my mother sitting down on the opposite side of the bed and doctor's around.

"Yuri? How are you feeling?" She whispers quietly.

I sigh heavily "I'm fine."

"Well, that's what strange, you're fine." The doctor says out of no where.