Chapter 30 (Final)

(A/N: I'm so sorry about my constant absences from this book. I truly couldn't figure out a proper way to end this fanfic and so my motivation to continue to deteriorated; plus of course I've been busy trying to maintain my grades as I've mentioned before. My motivation came back so suddenly that I have to write everything in one sitting before it goes away again. I hope you all enjoy.)

Recap of the story:
Five years into their friendship and our main protagonist Yuri starts to develop Hanahaki disease; thinking and believing that his crush will never like him because they're both men. Soon enough at a sleepover among all their friends Yuri loses control over himself and that night ended in a hot makeout session and a trip to the hospital. His nerves being put at ease for a while Victor and him start a relationship but after a certain phone call Yuri starts to believe Victor is only using him for who knows what and doesn't truly love him. No matter how many times Victor claims he does Yuri doesn't budge because his condition gets worse. As the story progresses it's shown that his love interest, Victor, also started to question where he stood because of deep feelings of regret for a past lover he couldn't let go of. After moving back to Russia to participate in a skating show, he gets partnered up with his past lover, the both of them finally fix old cut ties and agree to stay in each other's lives as friends. Wanting to get back home to see Yuri after his surgery, he gets there, only to be confronted with the fact that now he's stuck in a coma with no way of telling when he might wake up. Months and months go past and at one hospital visit, Yuuko, Yuri's best friend, comes to him to tell him he's finally woken up.

Author's POV:

"He's awake!" Yuuko cries out as she falls into Victor's arms and grasps onto his chest.

His very eyes start to tear up as well and He embraces Yuuko into his arms crying out in happiness. 'After so long... you've finally come back to us... what took you so long idiot...' Victor thought to himself as he slides his hand into his pocket to feel for a small velvet box. Chris and the others catch up to them and after telling them the good news they proceed to contact all of their closest friends that have been visiting Yuri the longest. Victor leaves Yuuko to head back up to Yuri's room as he heads down to the Hospital's gift shop to pick out the hugest bouquet of assorted flowers they have.

Upon Yuuko and Chris's arrival to the hospital room they're greeted by a roomful of crying friends and family members. Yuuko walks over to Takeshi who sat himself down in a stool next to Yuri, she proceeds to take Yuri's hands in hers, suddenly breaking down once more.

"I'm so glad you're okay... you had all of us worried." Yuuko looks up at her now confused friend.

"Worried about what...? Where am I...?" Yuri tilts his head slightly trying to read the room "am I in the hospital...?"

"You don't remember? You had a surgery!" Yuuko gets rattled up.

Yuri's eyes widen "Oh my! A surgery?! Am I okay?!?!" He grabs onto his chest and feels a large scar ranging from the tip of his waist (mid section) all the way to his collar bone.

"Yuri?" Takeshi stares at him seriously "What's the last thing you remember?"

Yuri looks up towards Takeshi with a panicked expression "I was at school... talking to the Student Council President about something... and I suddenly felt very dizzy."

"Do you remember any major events?" Yuuko puts on a very investigative tone.

"Well I know we started High school three years ago, you and Takeshi got together, I started to get sick with something I don't remember, Yurio went to Russia for an ice skating competition... I can't remember anything else?" Yuri crosses his arms like he's trying to concentrate "There's a lot of holes in my memories... I keep remembering a dog for some reason..-" Interrupting Yuri's ramblings Yurio hits him with his elbow and grunts.