3|Reunions, Reunions

Getting to Kylie's apartment, Natalia grabbed the two coffee cups in her car and headed inside the building. She quickly got on the elevator and pushed the button to the top floor. As soon as she was out, she was greeted by Kylie standing by the door.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd be up. I brought coffee," Natalia said as she gestured to the cups in her hands.

"I woke up a while ago. Jess called, so" Kylie shrugged as she reached for the cup. She groaned when Natalia pulled it away.

"You have to go get ready first," Natalia scolded.

"But then it'll get cold, and cold coffee is the worst coffee," Kylie whined.

"Then you better get ready fast. Kris and Jess are going to be here in 20 minutes," Natalia said as she brushed past her and into the kitchen.

Kylie groaned, but nonetheless walked into her room to get ready for the day. It was going to be a long one for sure. Mason was coming to visit and Adriana was finally coming home to the apartment she shared with Kylie. On top of that, Jess wanted to get the whole squad together for the night at her Kris' apartment.
-
-
-
20 minutes later, Kylie was drinking her coffee in the backseat of Kris' car as they all talked about their plans.

"So, Natty, are you excited to see Mason," Jessie asked as she wiggles her eyebrows teasingly.

"No," Natalia said with a roll of her eyes, "Why would I be excited?"

"Oh, I don't know," Jessie trailed off, "What about the last time we went back to Vegas and he fought your ex because he found out he was cheating on you?"

"That? That was nothing. That was him being like my older brother and defending me," Natalia shrugged off.

"Right, because Kris would totally get in a fight for you," Kylie scoffed.

"Hey, if the situation calls for it, I would," Kris defended.

Jess rolled her eyes and continued, "That wasn't nothing. Mason was defending your honor."

"This isn't medieval times, Jess," Natalia said as she attempted to change the subject.
-
-
-
Arriving to O'Hare International Airport, the group got out of the car and walked towards baggage claim. They patiently waited for the two siblings to arrive, but after waiting for 10 minutes, they began to grow impatient.

After what felt like an eternity, a voice pulled them from their thoughts.

"Squad," came the loud voice of Adriana Hunt.

She smiled as she ran up to them, leaving her brother behind to walk after her.

"I missed you all so much," Adriana exclaimed.

"We missed you too, Adri! How was shooting for Vogue," Jess asked the brunette.

"Amazing! You wouldn't believe how many models I met. It was all so surreal," Adriana rambled.

As they all talked, Natalia noticed Kris and Mason have their own conversation. She quickly turned away when Mason caught her gaze.

He couldn't like her, right? They had been best friends for years and he had never said anything.
-
-
-
Natalia was sitting in the kitchen when Kris came in. Without looking up from her phone, she asked, "What's wrong?"

Truth be told, Natalia knew Kris like the back of her hand. That's how it was with their group of friends. They had all known each other for so long that they just knew each other.

"I'm nervous about the proposal," Kris confessed as he sat across from her.

Natalia put her phone down to look him in the eye as she said, "KB, you have nothing to be nervous about. There's no way she'll say no. She's stuck around this long. That has to stand for something."

"I just don't want to screw this up."

"You won't. We talked through the plan a couple times and you're ready," Natalia assured.

"Anthony's coming that day too," Kris mentioned.

"Rizzo? Anthony as in Anthony Rizzo," Natalia asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah," Kris paused as he raised his eyebrows, "Did I miss something or?"

"No," Natalia quickly said, "It's nothing. I was just wondering."

Kris nodded disbelievingly at the blonde in front of him, big decided to leave it at that. If she wanted to say something, she would eventually.

When Kris left the kitchen, Natalia put her head in her hands and sighed.

Anthony Rizzo was coming. She hadn't seen him since the night the team won the World Series (unless you count their minor encounter the day before outside the building, but Natalia didn't). Natalia would never say it out loud, but she had developed feelings for the first baseman in the week they had met.

When Kris had been called up to the Majors, the whole squad had gone to watch him play. That was the day she met Anthony. He had been flirting with her the whole time, but she brushed it off, assuming that was the way he was with most girls. Not having the time to go to most games after that, they rarely saw each other. Yet each day that she was in the stands with Jessie, he made a grand show of saying hi to her. Whether it was winking at her after a home run or looking at her every at bat, Anthony had somehow caught her eye.

But the World Series was different. Anthony didn't look at her when he was up to bat. He didn't run up to say hi before the game. He didn't even acknowledge her.

Anthony had taken a girl with him. He was dating a young model who Natalia thought was perfect for him. Heartbroken, Natalia didn't speak to him again.

She didn't have a reason to. At least not until now.
-------------
Now we know the full story between Rizzo and Natalia 😉
If you read the original story I published, I definitely think this one is better and has more potential.

Until next time,
Gabby

Until next time,Gabby