15|Feelings Are Messy

The next morning, Natalia was woken up by a very obnoxiously loud Adriana.

They were finally going back to Chicago, and Adriana, being her messy self, had decided to empty her whole bag all over the room and wait until the last minute to pack again.

"Adri, I love you, but you need to shut the hell up," Natalia groaned.

"Sorry, but hey, while you're up-"

Adriana was cut off when Natalia let out another groan, "Adri, I swear to you. You need to shut it."

Adriana kept quiet, but the silence was short lived when Jessie burst through the door.

"Nat, you need to get up. We're going for breakfast at the diner before we head to the airport," Jessie said.

"Fine," Natalia groaned, "but only because there's food."

Jessie shook her head at her best friend's antics and then at Adriana, "You're still not packed?"

"Nope, but that's okay. I'm a master at packing at the last minute," Adriana smirked.

"That's not something to be proud of, Adri," Jessie laughed as she left the room.
-
-
-
20 minutes later, Natalia was putting on her shoes and Adriana was zipping up her luggage. When Adriana finished, she turned to find Natalia deep in thought as she put on her boots.

"Nat? Putting on boots shouldn't be that stressful," Adriana said as she watched the blonde stare into space.

"Natalia Giselle," Adriana yelled when there was no response.

"Sorry," Natalia said as she finally looked up at her best friend.

"What's got you so deep in thought," Adriana asked in concern, "Don't tell me it's about Chase?"

"No, no," Natalia reassured, "I wasn't even thinking about him or my mother for that matter."

"Then what is it," Adriana asked.

Natalia sighed as she thought of the words to say.

Finally she said, "Do you remember last year at the World Series? Anthony brought that girl with him?"

"Kayla. Yeah, I remember. She was a real brat," Adriana said as she thought back to the interaction they had.

"Right," Natalia said, "Do you remember how I felt about it afterward?"

"You were devastated. You wouldn't admit it, but we could tell you were. Besides," Adriana shrugged, "who can blame you? Anthony totally led you on."

"Well, after that I promised myself I wasn't going to let him get to me anymore. It worked, especially because we had no reason to see each other, but now with the wedding," Natalia sighed, "we kind of have to be together."

"So let me get this straight. You still have feelings for him," Adriana asked.

"Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know," Natalia groaned.

"I do know that I don't want to fall for him again, but I think it's too late. I already kind of am."

"So what's the problem? It sounds like it's just on you," Adriana said.

"The problem is that this time he may actually be as interested in me as I am in him," Natalia explained, "but I just don't know. I thought that the first time, and look where that got me."

"Feelings are messy," Adriana shrugged, "That's why I don't mess with them."

"You're literally no help, Adri," Natalia groaned as she threw a pillow at the giggling brunette.