28|On The Hunt

Shoutout to @xReadingIsMyLifex and @KayKay077199 for coming up with some awesome ship names! I decided to let you guys vote on the one you like best. So we have:

1. Antalia
2. Grizzo
3. Natony
4. Grezzo

Anyways, happy reading!
--------------

Natalia was currently waiting in the lobby of her apartment building for Anthony. She still hadn't chosen a location for Jessie's bridal shower, and wanted to get it done soon rather than later. Anthony had promised to go with her as part of their agreement to help each other plan.

Natalia paced around her building as she looked at her watch for the 5th time. Anthony was nowhere to be found, and his apartment wasn't that far from Natalia's.

Her thoughts were broken, however, when her phone began to ring. Anthony's caller ID flashed on her screen and she quickly answered it.

"Hey, is everything okay," Natalia asked.

"Look, I'm really sorry Nat, but my brother just called me that he and his wife are flying in. I have to go get them, and be with them, but I can still take you to the first location," Anthony offered.

"No," Natalia quickly said, "No need. I can take my car. Go spend time with your family. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, yeah," Anthony agreed as he hung up.

Natalia put her phone in her bag, and dug out her keys, making her way to her Range Rover.
-
-
-
"Thanks for coming with on such short notice," Natalia said as Adriana got into her car.

Deciding that she didn't want to pick a location alone, Natalia had decided to call Adriana for company and a second opinion.

"You know me," Adriana said, "I never have stuff to do, and as long as there's food, I'm there."

Natalia laughed lightly at that. It was true, for being a model, Adriana definitely ate more than the average person.

"So why'd Anthony bail," Adriana asked in curiosity.

"His brother came into town," Natalia shrugged.

"With such little notice," Adriana asked, disbelievingly.

"What," Natalia asked as she took her eyes off the road to look at Adriana, "Am I missing something?"

"I hate to say it Nat, but that's kind of suspicious," Adriana said.

"Suspicious, how?"

"He bails on your plans to go see his family that 'just got into town.' That doesn't sound the least bit weird or suspicious to you? Plus, add in a clingy ex who would give anything to get back with him? It's all very weird."

At the mention of Kayla, Natalia's heart rate sped up.

Anthony wasn't with Kayla, right?

He himself had said that he wasn't into her anymore.

"We're not together," Natalia justified, "He can do whatever he wants."

"That doesn't mean you're not allowed to be hurt," Adriana said, "It's okay to be upset, Nat."

"Well, I'm not," Natalia shrugged, "Can we just move on?"