52|Brunching with the Ex

It was safe to say that Natalia was panicking. The tall blonde's hotel room looked like a tornado had run through it and as she stood in the center of it, she felt the urge to cry.

It was 1:15 pm, 45 minutes before her lunch with Kayla- a lunch she was now regretting- and she had no idea what to wear. Every time she had seen Kayla, the brunette was sporting high fashion clothing and expensive accessories. As much as she hated to admit it, Natalia felt the need to get extra ready- feeling the need to show Kayla that she was just as girlfriend worthy as she had once been.

A knock interrupted her thoughts, and she turned to the doorway to see Adriana standing there, clothes in hand.

"Get dressed," she said, throwing the clothes at Natalia. "We're leaving in 20 minutes," she said before quickly leaving.

Natalia inspected the clothes that Adriana had thrown her way, and smiled slightly. Adriana was a lifesaver in every way.
-
-
-
"Call me if something goes wrong," Anthony said in a rush as they were all outside waiting for their Uber meant to take them to the cafe. "I mean it, Natalia."

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll- we'll be fine," Natalia reassured as she gestured to the 3 girls standing nearby. "There's 4 of us. It can't be too bad. That's 4 against 1," she joked as Anthony rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well, either way, please call me if something goes wrong- or if you feel uncomfortable. You know it's never too late to cancel," Anthony reminded, with a slightly begging tone to his voice.

"That'd be rude," Natalia said with a small laugh. "Besides, is there a reason you don't want me to go," Natalia asked with a playful movement of her eyebrows.

"Kayla's a master manipulator. I don't need her to try to fill that precious head of yours with lies," Anthony defended, before releasing a sigh and pulling Natalia into a small hug. "But I can tell that I can't convince you to stay, so I guess have fun- or as much fun as you can with Kayla."

Natalia laughed as she felt him rest his chin on top of her head. "I'll be sure to send you some selfies of the two of us becoming the best of friends."

Before Anthony could respond, Jessie called out, "Nat! Uber's here."

Natalia pulled away from her boyfriend to find the awaiting SUV a few feet away, and sent Anthony a smile.

"I'll see you in a few hours, okay? I promise I'll be okay," Natalia said before giving him a quick peck on the lips and following her friends into the car.

"Why are we even doing this," she muttered as she got into the middle seat between Kylie and Adriana.

"Need I remind you that you're the one who agreed to it," Kylie stated, causing Natalia to roll her eyes.

"Well, can someone explain why because I'm kinda forgetting here," Natalia groaned as she facepalmed.

"So you can show the bitch who's the real boss," Adriana shrugged with a small smirk.

"Adriana," Jessie exclaimed, before turning to her panicked best friend. "You can always cancel. Say the word and we'll just go to the spa or something- get your mind off of it."

"No, no," Natalia reassured. "I want to do it. I want to prove that I can face her without any hesitation."

"You don't have to prove anything, Nat. No one will think any less of you because you didn't want to trade gossip with Kayla," Adriana reassured.

"I'm done running from my problems," Natalia sighed. "I did it with Chase, then Savanna, and I refuse to do it again. I won't do it again."

"Okay," Jessie said, "then we'll be right by your side the whole time."
•••••