34|Into the Lion's Den

Natalia ran a brush through her hair, then laid it flat, then picked it up into a pony tail again. She had been standing in front of the mirror in one of the many bathroom's in the Bryant's house for the past 20 minutes. A knock interrupted her thoughts, and then Adriana's voice came through.

"Natalia, are you okay," Adriana asked as she cracked open the door.

Natalia rubbed her face with her hands as she sighed. "I don't know how to go. You know how my mom is. If I go like it's nothing, I wouldn't ever hear the end of it."

Adriana nodded along as she grabbed the brush from the counter and ran it through Natalia's golden locks. "Well, it's a spa day and lunch. That doesn't exactly call for evening wear, but I think I have something in my bag for you."

"You're a lifesaver," Natalia smiled at her best friend.

"I do have my redeeming qualities," Adriana joked as she put Natalia's hair into two braids, "Now, come on. The last thing we need is for you to be late for this."

"God knows Catherine can't stand tardiness," Natalia joked as they ran up the stairs and into their shared bedroom.

"Okay, so I have two options," Adriana said as she pulled out various articles of clothing and laid them out for Natalia to see.

"I'll go with that one," Natalia said as she grabbed it and began to change into it.

Once she was done, she did a little circle for Adriana to show her the outfit. "It's perfect! Catherine won't be able to find anything wrong."

Natalia grabbed her phone, and her eyes widened when she saw the time on display

Natalia grabbed her phone, and her eyes widened when she saw the time on display. "I should probably go now. The last thing I need is for her to bash me on my 'manners.'"

"Good luck, Nat," Adriana said as Natalia waved goodbye.

As she walked to the foyer, she found Jessie and Kylie walking into the kitchen.

"Are you leaving already," Jessie asked Natalia.

Natalia nodded as she put her phone in her purse. "Yeah, I have to be there in like 10 minutes. I'll call you when I'm on my way back."

"Remember to call us if anything is weird or if you feel uncomfortable," Kylie reminded her.

"Got it," Natalia smiled, "Thanks girls. Tell KB and Anthony I said bye."

"Please be careful, Natalia," Jessie yelled as Natalia closed the door.

With one final thumbs up, Natalia closed the door and began her journey to the house across the street. She hadn't been in that house since she was 18 and leaving to Chicago. She never once thought she would step foot in it again, yet there she was 7 years later, about to go inside to spend the day with her mother.
-
-
-
Natalia took a deep breath as she brought her hand up to ring the doorbell. She brought her hand back down as she straightened out her sweater.