27|Confessions

The next day, Natalia was woken up by Jessie. She had said something about starting a "daily jog routine before the wedding," and had practically begged Natalia to join. As maid of honor, Natalia felt like she had to join.

As the two jogged around the unusually empty streets of Chicago, Natalia asked, "So what's up with the daily cardio? You hate cardio."

"I need to lose weight before the wedding," Jessie shrugged.

"You're already perfect, Jess. Besides, Kris doesn't care about all of that. You could wear a trash bag and he'd still find you perfect."

"I just want everyone to see that I can keep up with the lifestyle. I'm not the 'unglamorous WAG' or the 'fat' one."

It was the first time Natalia had heard of Jessie's insecurities regarding her sudden change in lifestyle. It was sometimes easy to forget that Kris was a nationally beloved heartthrob, and girls everywhere were vying for his attention. To Natalia, he was and always would be "Kris Bryant: the best guy best friend a girl could have."

"Jess, no one in their right mind would think that. You're perfect just the way you are, and I just know that you're going to look stunning as you walk down the aisle to marry the man of your dreams," Natalia smiled, "We've been dreaming of this day practically our whole lives, and now it's actually here."

"I don't know what I would do without you, Natalia," Jessie smiled as she stopped running to pull her into a hug.

"Um, ew, sweaty hug," Natalia teased as she pushed Jessie away.

"You know you love me," Jessie cooed.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Natalia smiled at her childhood best friend.

The two girls laughed, but were interrupted when a dog came running up to them.

"Benny! Come here," yelled a female voice as she ran after the dog.

"Kayla," Jessie asked as she looked at the girl who ran after the dog.

"Jessie! Hey," Kayla smiled, "What are you up to?"

"Just going for a jog," Jessie said.

"Hey, I've been meaning to call you. I finally talked to Anthony, but he hasn't taken any of my calls since. He's totally shut me out."

"Really? I haven't heard anything about it," Jessie lied.

"You haven't had any luck finding the mystery girl who he's after," Kayla asked.

"No, sorry," Jessie said, "We still haven't met her. You know, maybe this is a sign that it's time to move on. There's always other guys out there."

"If you find one that's better, let me know," Kayla laughed.

Her dog, Benny, pulled on his leash, signaling that he wanted to leave.

"I should get going," Kayla said as she waved goodbye, "Maybe I'll see you both soon."

Natalia and Jessie plastered fake smiles as they waved goodbye to the girl.

"I seriously don't get her obsession with Anthony," Jessie said with a shake of her head.

"Typical jersey chaser," Natalia shrugged, "What's new?"
--------------

NataliaGrey| when @/JessDelp drags you out of bed to go for a jog 😩 #CardioIsntMyThing2,572 likes|57 comments

2,572 likes|57 comments

KrisBryant: put a shirt on Nat
NataliaGrey: 🖕🏼 @/KrisBryant I will block you
KrisBryant: so you say for like the millionth time 😂
AdrianaHunt: tell me how you look this good so early in the morning 😩😍❤️
NataliaGrey: everyone has abs in the morning 😂 @/AdrianaHunt

KrisBryant: put a shirt on NatNataliaGrey: 🖕🏼 @/KrisBryant I will block you KrisBryant: so you say for like the millionth time 😂 AdrianaHunt: tell me how you look this good so early in the morning 😩😍❤️NataliaGrey: everyone has abs in the morn...

JessDelp| my maid of honor loves me enough to do cardio with me 💖🤷🏻‍♀️ [tagged: NataliaGrey]
2,793,351 likes|24,892 comments

KylieMontgomery: lol better Nat than us 😂
NataliaGrey: 🖕🏼 @/KylieMontgomery this is more @/AdrianaHunt 's thing
AdrianaHunt: ha, you thought 😂 I don't do cardio ❌
--------------

"I hear you're ignoring people now," Natalia said into her phone as she looked through her fridge and took note of what she needed to buy.

"Who? Kayla? How'd you hear about that," Anthony asked.

"Jess and I ran into Kayla this morning. She told us the whole thing," Natalia said with a light laugh.

"I told you, Nat. I'm only interested in one girl," Anthony confessed.

"Cute," Natalia mused, but really, she was totally blushing.

She was suddenly thankful he hadn't FaceTimed her because otherwise he would see her burning cheeks.

"What else did you do today? Aside from talking to Kayla and running with Jess, that is."

"Uh," Natalia paused as she thought about her day, "I had to go talk to the front office at school, and then I'm about to go grocery shopping. I really haven't done anything eventful. You?"

"I went to lunch with Javy earlier and I'm probably going to go chill at Addison's later," Anthony shrugged.

"You planning Kris' bachelor party with Addi," Natalia asked as she closed her fridge.

"I thought we were planning that?"

"There's no way in hell that I'm getting involved with the messiness that is a bachelor party. The last thing I want is to get involved with strippers, and all of that," Natalia laughed.

"Who said anything about strippers," Anthony teased.

"It's a bachelor party. I hate to say it, but what bachelor party doesn't have any strippers. That's a wack party," Natalia joked.

"So make sure there are strippers there. Any other helpful tips," Anthony asked.

Natalia rolled her eyes, "I was totally kidding, but knock yourself out. It will be his last night as an unmarried man."

"Kris wasn't kidding when he said you're the life of the party?"

Natalia laughed as she grabbed her purse. "He said that? Truly though, he's not wrong. I was beyond wild in high school. I kind of grew out of it though when I moved. I had to grow up."

"So I have to admit something to you, as weird as that sounds," Anthony trailed off.

"Okay..."

"I kind of missed you today," Anthony confessed, "It was just kind of on my mind when I got up and you were already gone from Kris and Jess' apartment. You were kind of on my mind throughout the day."

"Well," Natalia smiled, "I kind of missed you today too."

And if it was possible, Natalia's smile grew after hearing his confession. They may not have been an official thing, but Natalia already felt like they had been for a bit. He just had that effect on her.

--------------
Nat/Rizz need a ship name asap, so any suggestions? Comment if you have some

No drama in this one, but we got a cute little Nat/Rizz moment 🤷🏻‍♀️

Until next time,
Gabby