4|Long Time No See

The day had finally arrived for Kris to propose. When he woke up, he was a bundle of both nerves and excitement. He carefully got out of his bed, careful not to wake Jessie, and went out into the hallway with his phone in hand. Kris quickly dialed the one person who was crucial to the day going right.

"KB," came Natalia's groggy voice on the other end of the line.

"Did I wake you up," Kris asked.

"Yeah, but I need to get up anyways. There's a lot to do today," Natalia responded.

Kris could vaguely hear shuffling in the background and assumed she was getting out of bed.

"You still have the ring, right?"

Natalia rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see her. "Of course I still have the ring. All you have to worry about is actually proposing. Leave the rest to me," Natalia assured.

"Okay-," Kris was cut off when he heard Jessie's voice.

"Happy New Year to you too Coach," Kris said into the phone as he pretended to be on the phone with Maddon.

Natalia raised a brow at his statement, but then realized what was going on when she heard Jessie in the background. "I'll text you if I have any problems, but don't worry," Natalia said as she hung up.

Kris let out a breath and smiled at Jessie as he said,"Maddon called."

"Okay, are you hungry?"
-
-
-
Arriving at Kylie and Adriana's building, Natalia dialed Kylie's number to let them know she was outside. Kris was already going to kill her for being late and the two of them taking extra long to come out definitely wasn't helping.

"Pick up, pick up," Natalia muttered as the phone rang.

Finally Kylie's voice came on the other line, "Hey, are you here?"

"Yeah, I'm outside. Please hurry. We're late," Natalia said.

"Alright, we'll be right down," Kylie said as she hung up.

A few minutes later, Kylie got into the front seat while Adriana got into the back. Pressing on the gas pedal, they made it to Kris and Jessie's in record time.
-
-
-
It was nearly 9:00 pm when the doorbell rang. Seeing as no one made any moves to get the door, Natalia sighed and got up to get it.

It certainly didn't occur to her that the one person missing from their her together was Anthony, so when she opened the door, she was shocked to say the least.

"Natalia Grey," Anthony asked in shock.

Natalia was at a loss for words as she opened the door wider for him to come in. "Anthony, hey. Long time no see," Natalia said with a forced smile.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you since the World Series," Anthony said.

Oh, so he remembers, Natalia thought.

"I've been busy," Natalia shrugged.

Before he could respond, Kris' voice was heard.

"Nat, who's at the- Anthony, hey," Kris greeted as soon as he saw his teammate.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. Traffic was killer," Anthony said.

"Don't I know it. Nat was late too," Kris said as he looked to Natalia.

"But at least I'm here," Natalia said with a playful roll of her eyes. Kris clearly wasn't going to let it go that Natalia was late.
-
-
-
With 10 minutes to midnight, the group scattered around the Christmas tree waiting for the new year. Kris, however called for all conversation to cease when he lifted up his wine glass.