61| meeting the family

NATALIA GREY WAS NEVER one to back down from a challenge, no matter what it was. Few things could back her into a corner, and that list was short up until a few minutes ago as she stared at herself in front of the floor length mirror in her room.

She had only ever met one set of parents in this context of being a girlfriend. Chase's family loved her before they even knew her. They were thrilled at the prospect of a girl finally having their son settle down, so they were accepting just about anyone Chase took home. Even when her and Mason briefly dated, she had already known his parents.

"It's the dress," Natalia muttered as she ran her hands along the white fabric of her sundress. "Who wears white to meet the family of her boyfriend?"

"Uh, anyone who owns a cute white dress," came a voice from behind her, making her jump and place a hand over her beating heart as she turned to find the owner.

"When did you come in?"

"Just in time to tell you not to change again," Adriana joked. "Don't change. It's cute."

Natalia looked back into the mirror and moved from side to side. "I have a black and white jumpsuit in my bag. Can you get it for me?"

Adriana rolled her eyes, but passed it to the blonde. She watched as Natalia put it on and nodded at the outfit. "I like it, actually."

Natalia looked at her through the mirror and smiled. "I do too. Looks like I finally have my outfit. Now for my hair."

Adriana shook her head and let out a small laugh. At the rate Natalia was going at, they'd be there all day.

[Natalia's outfit + hair]

-

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA how great it is to see you ladies again," Sue Bryant exclaimed as she opened the door of her home to find Natalia, Kylie, and Adriana on the other side.

"The feeling is mutual Momma Bryant," Adriana said, pulling the Bryant matriarch into a hug before wandering off inside.

"You need to visit us in Chicago more often," Kylie remarked as she also pulled Sue into a hug.

"Jessie was just telling me the same thing," Sue laughed as she pulled away and Kylie followed after Adriana.

Sue looked at the remaining girl with an endearing smile, and opened up her arms. "I didn't expect to see you here anytime soon," she said as she wrapped her arms around Natalia.

Natalia closed her eyes and pulled the woman close. For a second, she felt like everything was okay and it was her mom hugging her instead. But that wasn't the case. She opened her eyes and returned the woman's kind smile as she let go.