60| stop being cheesy

"You know meeting the family is a serious thing."

"It means he talks about you to his family."

"Guys only talk about girls when they think she's important enough to bring around."

"A guy would never bring a random girl home, especially not to his mother."

Natalia shut her eyes in annoyance, pressing a perfectly manicured hand to her freshly plucked brow. She was sat on the jet en route to Las Vegas with Adriana and Kylie. All they seemed to want to talk about was Natalia's meeting with Anthony's family. As if that wasn't uncomfortable enough, they had dragged her out to all sorts of beauty appointments the day before.

Natalia had been peacefully reading court precedents for an upcoming mock trial when Adriana arrived, banging on the door, demanding to be let in. How she knew Anthony's address was beyond her, but it didn't matter- she was being dragged from her happy place to nail salons, eyebrow threaders, a hair salon, and even the mall to upgrade her "bland" sense of style.

"Even if just for the weekend," Adriana had said as she passed a jumpsuit to the blonde.

"Don't you think, Nat?"

"Huh," Natalia asked as she opened her eyes and brought herself out of her thoughts and back to reality.

"I said that Anthony's mom seems nice," Kylie said.

"It's not the mom to be worried about. Anthony and his brother don't seem to get along that well," Adriana shrugged.

"I don't think his brother is coming," Kylie waved off. "She'll be fine."

"I'm right here, you know?"

"We're just saying," Adriana defended with an innocent smile and shrug of her shoulders. "It's good to be prepared, okay? Meeting a guy's family is a big deal. I know I was always extra critical of Mason's girlfriends. He knew better than to bring girls home to my mom unless he saw them as something serious."

"I don't really think it's that deep," Natalia shrugged, only to receive blank stares. "What? We've only been dating a little while.

"You blind bitch," Adriana groaned as Kylie rolled her eyes.

"He said he loved you, Nat. It's serious," Kylie deadpanned.

"Jess was the first girl KB took home. She got a ring," Adriana mentioned.

"This is meeting the family, not a marriage proposal," Natalia sighed at the antics of her best friends.

"Now, but what about later," Adriana asked as Kylie looked at Natalia expectantly.

"I am officially done with this conversation. When does this stupid thing land," Natalia groaned as she covered her face with her hands.

-

Natalia Grey was never one to be quiet, except when it came to her hometown. It was like as soon as the plane came into contact with the ground, a switch had gone off and a brain dead Natalia took the place of the normally cheerful blonde.

"No one forgot anything," Kylie asked her two best friends as she performed her own scan of the jet.

Adriana was already halfway down the steps leading to the tarmac, while Natalia was almost robotically slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"I'll take that as a no," Kylie muttered to herself as she grabbed her own bag and followed Natalia down the steps and to the tarmac where a car waited.

As promised, the all black SUV was quick to leave once all three girls were seated and began its descent to the Aria where the girls would be staying during their visit.