40|Airport Drama

"I still don't get why we have to go back to Chicago so soon," Adriana whined as she packed her bags.

"It's only two days before, Dri," Jessie said as she helped her fold her clothes.

"Yeah, but you know how it is. I miss my family sometimes," Adriana sighed, "especially Mason."

Jessie sighed as she looked at her best friend with a heavy heart. As successful a name as Adriana was creating for herself, she was still a small town girl at heart. Sometimes it was hard to remember that she missed her family back home, especially her brother.

"Mason's coming down to Chicago soon," Jessie tried to comfort, "Besides, you'll be so busy with shoots, you won't even have time to miss him."

"You still haven't answered my question," Adriana said as she looked up at Jessie who only raised her brows in response. "Why are we leaving early?"

"We got everything we needed done," Jessie said as she tried to appear nonchalant.

Truth was, they needed to get out of Las Vegas as soon as possible because of Chase. As sad as it seemed, he was literally running them out of town. Jessie had wanted to be honest with everyone, but Natalia had begged her not to.

"You can't tell them," she had told Jessie, "If you tell them, it'll only get worse."

"They need to know why we're leaving early," Jessie had tried to reason.

"Jess, you and I both know that if we tell them, it'll get really bad. Kris and Mason, Anthony even, would go looking for Chase. We both know that would be a fatal mistake," Natalia had said, "Please don't tell them the truth. They can't know."

"Fine," Jessie had reluctantly agreed, "but what about Mason?"

"He needs to be on that jet with us. No one stays behind with that douche bag," Natalia had quickly said.

"Then we better come up with a damn good reason for coming back early and bringing Mason with us," Jessie had said.

Unfortunately for them all, Mason hadn't agreed, and would be staying behind for another week. Natalia could only hope that Chase would leave him alone.

"Can we at least get In-n-Out before we leave," Adriana asked as Jessie laughed.

"Of course, A. We can get it on the way to the airport," Jessie responded.

Natalia poked her head in as she said, "I'm gonna go to the diner with Mason really quick to say bye to Lily. We'll be back in at most 20 minutes."

"We have to be at the airport at 5," Jessie said as she looked at her watch, "Hurry back."

Natalia gave a thumbs up as she rushed down the stairs and grabbed Mason from the couch.

"Where are you two going," Kris asked as he and Anthony walked into the foyer.

"To say bye to Lily," Natalia said as Mason opened the door.

"We'll be back in a few," Mason said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her out the door.

"Should I be worried," Anthony asked as he stared at the door with a small laugh.

"Of Mason? Nah," Kris laughed, "Trust me when I tell you that they tried and it didn't work."

"Wait, what?"

"You didn't know," Kris asked as he looked back at the other half of Bryzzo.

"That Mason and Natalia dated? No," Anthony said as he thought back to all their conversations. She had never once mentioned it.