62| part of the family

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT Tyler is coming and he's bringing Tony's ex with him," Natalia asked. She had heard Kris' words clear as day, but still couldn't bring herself to process them.

Kris nodded as he looked at the blonde sympathetically. "Yeah, but it's not all bad."

Natalia quirked a brow at his words. "How is this not bad news?"

"Tony never told his family about Kayla," Kris said, before stopping himself. "I mean, like, he told them about her, but they didn't last long enough for them to meet her. They won't draw the connection that Tyler's Kayla is the same Kayla."

"Okay, so it's not all bad," Natalia agreed, to which Kris nodded. The doorbell ringing interrupted the two and Natalia sighed. "That must be them."

"I'll get the door," Kris offered. "You go back outside and charm the pants of the Rizzo's. I can already tell they like you."

"Yeah, well, let's hope it stays that way," Natalia muttered before bidding him a goodbye and making her way out to the patio again.

Kris watched her go before making his way to the door. He opened it, expecting to see Tyler and Kayla standing on the other side, but was surprised to not see them. Instead, Anthony's older brother stood on the other side, a wide smile on his face.

"What? You're not gonna let me in," John asked.

Kris looked at the man in confusion and slight discomfort. He knew Anthony and his brother weren't on the best of terms. He also wasn't aware that John would be making the trip from Florida to Las Vegas.

"Well," John said, gesturing to the door, pulling Kris out of his thoughts.

"Uh, yeah," Kris said, opening the door wider to allow for the man to walk in. He quickly shut the door once John walked in, the only thing going through his mind was to get to Anthony and tell him that his brother had arrived.

The doorbell rang again, and Kris mentally groaned as he knew who was standing on the other side. Unless fate had other plans, and he seriously hoped he wouldn't find Catherine on the other side.

"You can go get that," John said. "I can make my own way outside."

"Okay," Kris agreed. Anthony would have to see his brother first, Kris decided as he left the man in the kitchen and headed back to the front door. This time, he hesitated and said a small prayer before opening the door.

For the first time in his life, he was relieved to see Tyler and Kayla on the other side as Kayla grinned at him.

"Uh, everyone is outside," Kris said as he opened the door for them to come in. He was about to leave them to find their own way before stopping himself. "I don't fully know what's happening here, but I don't want any funny business here. This is my parents' house and your parents are here. Just have some respect, okay? That's all I ask of you two."

With that, he left the two behind and made his way back outside where Jessie offered him her glass of wine. Kris was never much of a drinker, but he grabbed the glass from her outstretched hand and pressed a small kiss to her forehead before taking a sip.

-

NATALIA HAD SUCCESSFULLY AVOIDED Kayla and Tyler thus far, but she knew it was only a matter of time. But for now, she had other problems to deal with as she sat beside Anthony who glared at his older brother. The two had been making passive agresiva jabs at each other while Laurie continued to talk to Natalia. She squeezed Anthony's hand in reassurance as Laurie laughed at something she had said, but her attention was turned away at the sound of her name.