31|Planning With the Devil

Natalia was momentarily stunned at his words. But in the end, she knew he was right.

They had never made things official.

Natalia cleared her throat, and held in the tears that attempted to well in her eyes. She refused to cry in front him. Natalia had promised herself, long ago, that she wouldn't cry over a guy ever again. Though she had broken the after the Chase incident, she refused to break it because Anthony had said the truth.

"You're right," Natalia said, "You don't have an obligation to tell me anything."

She then turned to look at her building door and back at Anthony, "Uh, I left Kylie inside, and she doesn't know I'm out here. I should really get going."

Anthony sighed as he watched the girl in front of him stumble over her words. He had never meant to hurt her in the way that he did. She had just pushed too much and hit a nerve.

"Natalia, wait," Anthony called as he ran up to her, "I'm sorry."

"I don't know if you know this, Anthony," Natalia sighed as she stopped walking and turned to face him, "but I'm not the type of girl that gets hurt easily. I've been through a lot of crap, so I've learned not to settle."

"Natalia, come on," Anthony practically begged, "I'm sorry. It's just-"

Anthony took a deep breath and looked at an expectant Natalia.

"My brother and I have a complicated relationship. We've been that way since I was drafted. He used to be my best friend, but something just- something switched."

"I get it," Natalia said as she walked up to him, "You obviously already know my story, but I get it. My mom flipped a switch too. It happens with family in the most unexpected ways."

"You're the first person I've actually said this to that isn't Kris," Anthony laughed.

"I'm glad," Natalia softly smiled, "I want you to be able to talk to me about this stuff. I kind of owe it to you after I cried on your shirt in Vegas."

"I didn't mean what I said, Natalia. If you think I don't care about you, I do. I care a whole lot more than I care to admit," Anthony confessed, "You're not like all the other girls who are throwing themselves at me. You're different. You're special."

"I'm sorry about your brother," Natalia said, "If you want to, we can talk about it in your car. It's too cold out here, and Kylie's sleeping inside."

"How did I get so lucky, Natalia? I've literally been the biggest douche bag to you, and yet here you are, offering me company."

Natalia shrugged, "It's a habit of mine."

Anthony laughed as he leaned down to pull her into a hug and kiss her cheek.

"Does this make us official then?"

"If you want," Natalia said as she looked into his eyes.

"Then you're stuck with me forever," Anthony joked.
-
-
-
"Call me Cupid," Jessie squealed after Natalia told her about what had happened the night before.