7 Bad Boys and Me.

This book is officially from wattpad, if you see this book on any other platform please contact me.

-Jaymiee-

"I'm sorry Miss Marie, but your parents are dead." The doctor informs me. I stare at doctors lifeless eyes to feel any kind of comfort I need but I don't get feel any. Tears roll down my face as the doctor gives me his blank emotionless face.

"So where do I go now?" I ask, my voice shaking. All I could think about is wanting to get out of this bleach smelling hospital.

"You can either go back to your house, or there is an orphanage down the road that you can walk to." He replies, sounding impatient.

"Thank you very much." I say before turning on my heel to walk out the glass double doors of the hospital, leaving my parents and my life behind.

I walk down the wet roads and notice a feminine figure following behind me, it's not like my day can get any worse either way. When I arrive at the building I take one last glance behind me, noticing that the figure is holding something to their ear and I can hear the soft pitch of their voice.
I push through the wooden door and I'm invited by the sent of dust and flowers. The old floorboards creak under my feet at each small step I take towards the front desk, the lady waiting for me to get closer.

"Hello darling, welcome to Crescent Ville Orphanage. How can I help you?" She asks. I didn't realise how old she was until I tilted my head upwards to meet her brown eyes.

"I-," I pause, taking a deep breath in. "I need a place to stay."

"Alright darling, I just need to get some basic information from you before we can let you stay." The lady smiles. "What's your name?

"Jaymiee Marie." I say, my face holding no emotion.

"That's one pretty name!" She smiles, trying to cheer me up.

"Thank you." I reply, a sudden wave of sadness hits me at the memory of my mother telling me that it was her favorite name.

"I will need to know your age too, sweety." Her lips curl upwards again, I'm grateful that she is unknowingly helping me.
"I'm 18." I reply.

"I thought you'd be older!" She laughes. "You seem much more mature." Well I'm going to have to be since both my parents were murdered.

As my thoughts drift, I didn't realise the door creaking open once more to reveal a middle aged woman.

"Hello, how could I help you?" The lady asks the woman. She was taller than I was when she stood next to me. She wears a black dress that lands above her knee and a white jacket that is partially wet.
"This young woman here is meant to be in my care." Her voice sounds like warm honey, despise her confronting business look.
"I'm afraid we can't let you just take her." The lady replies, to which the other woman searches through her bag and presents a thin piece of paper to the lady. She scans it before tapping away on her computer then giving a quick nod towards me.
"Jaymiee, this is Carolina Rogers and she is going to be your guardian." I look up at Carolina, who's cherry red lips have turned into a smile.
"We have a lot of catching up to do Jaymiee." She says before placing an arm around my shoulder and leading me outside, bidding a thank you to the lady at the front desk, I willingly follow Carolina into her silver Mercedes Benz.
The first few minutes of the drive was silent, the sound of the raindrops pelting the glass windows is was the only sound to be heard.
"So, should I start to explain?" Carolina breaks the silence, although the sound of her voice made me jump I give her a quick nod in response.
"I met your mum when we were 13, actually I was there to see her give birth to you." She explains.
"Then how come I don't recognize you?" If she was as close as she says they were then how come I've never seen her before.
"We chose different paths." Is all she says, "We're here!"
I open the door and jump out of her car to see one other car parked in their huge driveway. Carolina's house is a huge, white brick, double story mansion, with two windows at the top and two on the bottom.
She quickly ushers me inside, opening the cream coloured door into what seems to be the living room. She hangs her damp coat up on the hanger besides us while I scan the room. I take a down the two stairs into the room, my dirty sneakers hitting the polished floorboards.
A huge table fills the left left side of the open space while the right side leads off into what looks like a study and a family room with a white couch and television.
"We've got to get you out of these wet clothes, the guest room is upstairs to the left." She leads me past the the table where there's a stair case, I start walking up.
There's no way this is real. I'll go to sleep and wake up and I'll be in my house, my mum will be cooking pancakes for breakfast while my dad sits reading the newspaper on the table, they'll both say bye as I go to school.
I make a right turn into my bedroom, opening the door to be hit with a masculine smell. The walls are painted midnight blue and the bed having matching black sheets. A desk rests against the wall, papers and books scattered on top of it. A feint light shines from under the door and before I can ever turn around a man walks out half naked with a towel around his hips. I look up at him with shocked eyes before yelling 'I'm sorry' and running out of the room.
"Um, who are you?"
I flick my head towards the deep voice. Just like the man in that room, this one had black hair.
"I-,"
"Oh! You're Jaymiee, mum told us you're going to stay with us for a while." He smiles at me, I can't find the energy to even force a smile. "I see you've found Ricky's room." My face turns completely red.
"I-, I was looking for the guest room."
He laughs, "It's that one." He points to the door on the opposite side of the room.
"Thank you." I say, walking towards it.
"I'm Jaden by the way." His green eyes sparkle at me, making my cheeks turn an even deeper colour of red.

Carolina didn't tell me she had 2 boys.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Authors note

Hello new comers and rereaders (if any)
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the rewritten 7 Bad Boys and Me. (7BB&M)
What do you think about it so far?
To all the people who have come back to read it, I hope you enjoy the new one better than the old!