~23~

~Jaymiee~

I step out of Ricky's Mustang and softly close the door behind me as I stare up at the white, one story house with white concrete steps and door the same colour as the house. I feel Ricky's breath fan my neck from behind me, making me step forward a little.

"This is yours?" I ask, stunned he would by this house just for him.

He nods proudly, "I bought it about five weeks ago." I place my hand on the cold, gold door handle and twist it. I'm suprised that it opens but then I stare up at Ricky with a scared expression. It might be Daniel or his girlfriend.

"Is Lilly in there?" I ask nervously then chuckle awkwardly, not bringing up Daniel for a reason. He shakes his head.

"She's staying with another friend." I let myself into his house and the surroundings had me a bit stunned. You would expect Ricky to have a dark theme to his house, but it's all blue. The rug on the plain carpet is a vibrant dark blue, the walls are painted a light blue making the place seem more relaxing and the tables are a pail blue, almost white. I noticed how the furniture is all expensive brands and are also the same colour of the vibrant blue rug that I stand on right now.

"It's good to be back." I breathe and sit on the ground, feeling the soft carpet tickle my bare leg. I instantly look up at Ricky with an embarrassed face and pull my dress down to show less of my leg. He smiles down at me.

"How old are you now?" I ask next, he frowns a little.

"We're not really allowed to talk about the stuff that happened when you were," He brings a clenched fist up and pretends to knock himself in the head. "Out of it." I snort at him and stick my hand out for him to help me get up. He smiles more and shakes his head, with one hand in his pocket and the other covering my own, he leans in and whispers quietly.

"But I've always broken the rules for you." His green eyes stare into mine and the person's words run through my head.
He's already mine.

Ricky leans in but I look towards the ground and cough, my failed attempt of trying to fake cough could have been worse but also better. He starts to laugh at how retarded I sounded and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Did you see me dance with Xander?" This pulls him out of his laughing fit and makes his mouth twist into a scowl.

"You danced?" I nod as jealousy crosses his features, his eyes turn a shade darker and I remember that they always did that when he's angry. "Is that the only thing you did?" He growls and tenses as I tell him what happened with Xander having to run off to the bathroom. It really isn't a big deal but he makes it seem likes it the end of the world.

"It's not the end of the friggin world, Ricky. So calm your stuff." I poke him in the chest, making him take a step back. "The end of the world would have been when I was stabbed." I poke his chest harder making him take another few steps back and tears threaten to spill from my eyes. "I thought you were dead! For petes sake, I though you were dead!" I hiss the last bit and lay my hand flat on his chest, an arms distance away from me. I push him back into the wall and look the other way. But my voice still staying strong. "I had made up with world where you were gone, and I have to go to school with you not sitting next to me and having to come back to the Roger's house and have constant reminders about how I could have convinced you not to go!" Tears slowly spill out my eyes, one by one they drop into the carpet in front of me.

"It wasn't your fault."

"The pain was still there! When I woke up to find you had moved on and had a job, a life and a new girlfriend that claims to be my sister, everything is just peachy right!" I carefully avoid the subject of the girl coming into my room and threatening me. I turn back around and find him just standing there. His shoulders slightly slouched and hid exhausted expression makes me feel tired myself.