Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Jinyoo POV

As soon as I walked right out of the school's building, a gush of wind blew against my face. I sighed and stared at the bright moon which caught my eye. Even in the darkness it still shined brightly. Like Rian.

"Stop it, Jinyoo" I gritted my teeth and slowly walked forward.  I have to stop thinking about her. She rejected me- there's no point in liking her anymore. But I can't force my heart to change either. My brain says one thing but my heart stupidly says another.

I thought about Jungkook. Was he the reason why she rejected me? I don't blame her. He has all the looks, the fame, and even his personality is charming. I'm just the second guy. The third wheel.

I sighed and looked back at the moon. "Stop shining so brightly," I whispered.

"I knew you were weird, but I didn't know you were weird enough to talk to yourself" a voice behind me stated. I turned around and surprisingly, I see Jenny.

"Not in the mood" I muttered as I looked back at the sky. After getting rejected, I most certainly did not want to deal with her. Jenny's loud voice and attitude annoyed me so much.

Jenny walked up next to me and looked at the sky as well. There was a long moment of silence, which felt awkward. Jenny usually never stops talking.

"You know..." Jenny broke the silence, "I saw Rian. She was crying"

I looked at Jenny. Rian cried? I made her cry? I closed my eyes and sighed. What have I done? I was so angry I didn't even realize that she was crying.

"I was just wondering... did you have anything to do with it?" Jenny asked.

"What, so now you're protecting her?"

"Who said I am protecting her? I'm just curious" Jenny calmly answered back. I sighed.

"Yeah. I... I asked her out" I looked down at the grass.

"Idiot"

"What?" I swung my head up to look at Jenny. She smirked.

"You don't know anything about girls, do you?" She shook her head in disappointment.

"What do you mean?" I frowned. Jenny crossed her arms.

"You should've asked her at a better time. Make it romantic! Girls hate it when guys act so blunt. No wonder she rejected you"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right. Rian hates romantic stuff"

"Then- maybe it's because of your hygiene. You need to brush your hair once in a while, you know..."

"Don't start this now" I groaned. "Rian just doesn't like me. She likes Jungkook. I can't do anything about it... yet I made her cry..."

"Rian likes Jungkook?" Jenny asked curiously.

"You didn't know? It seems pretty obvious"

"Well..." Jenny looked down. "I guess we both are having our hearts broken today..." Jenny whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I squinted and suddenly widened my eyes. "Wait- do you like Rian? You like girls? All this time I thought you had a thing for Jung-"

"What? No!" Jenny slapped my shoulder. "I don't like Rian! What could possibly make you think that? God you're so weird"

I gripped my shoulder in pain. "It was because of the context..." I muttered. "Then what did you mean?"

Jenny hugged herself. I suddenly saw her differently- that obnoxious, rich girl wasn't shown anymore. Looking at Jenny, I only saw sensitivity and loneliness.
Or was it my imagination?