Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Pain and Suffering are the soil of strength and courage"

~Lurlene McDaniel

Rian POV

Wait- let me get this straight- the idol, Jungkook, is going to help us on dancing? I swallow and stare at Teacher Hyun, hoping to see some lies behind her eyes. Unfortunately, she looks dead serious.

"What?" Jinyoo frowns as he stands up. "I don't need any help from him"

I stand up, frustrated that I can't argue back. Instead, I bite my lip and let out a soft, exhausted exhale. I do not want Jungkook to see and my awful dancing skills.

"No exceptions" Teacher Hyun spins around to face Jungkook, and gives him a bright smile. And just like that, she walks away to the other students, who are all ahead of us on the moves. I look at Jungkook who looks confused at first, but a smile quickly flashes on his face.

"Omo... I didn't know she asked me to come here to help you... but I guess I'll try" He says in Korean, making me groan a little. How am I supposed to learn when my own tutor sounds like a total alien to me?

"I'll translate for you" Jinyoo mutters but never leaves his angry eyes off Jungkook. I nod and we both walk to Jungkook with an uneasy feeling in our mind.

"Sorry, uh... No English" Jungkook points to himself as he shakes his head. I widen my eyes and nod slowly and sarcastically, and went to position. Jungkook has his back in front of us, making things a lot easier for me.

~a few minutes later~

"Wow, Rian!" Jungkook says to me when I finally do the dance moves. "Good!" He gives a high five, causing me to smile at the floor shyly. I tuck the small pieces of hair behind my ear and grin. I can't believe I actually did something that I thought was impossible for me to do.

Jungkook turns to Jinyoo, and his smile went down a little. "Jinyoo, I'm sure if you put your heart to it, you can do better" He says in Korean.

Jinyoo widens his eyes, scoffs, and looks away.

What did Jungkook say? I think as I frown a little in confusion.

Jungkook turns to me and smiles. "You and me. Go have lunch?" He says in English as he points his finger to me, making me surprised. Jungkook wants to have lunch with me?

"Celebrate" He said, making me confused for a moment. But before I can answer, Jinyoo smirks.

"No, Rian can't have lunch with you. We always eat together, so if you want to eat with her, you would also have to eat it me" He shouts loud enough for Jenny, who was a close by, to hear.

"Oh!" Jenny runs to us, tucking her hair behind her ears. "Jungkook Oppa... can I eat with you too?" She smiles and bashes her eyes. Jungkook smiles nervously but nods. It seems that Jungkook is also scared of Jenny. The thought makes me smirk.

"Sure, I'll come" I mutter and look at Jinyoo. "As long as Jinyoo comes" I quickly reply.

"Uh.. sure" Jungkook says. The bell suddenly rings, causing me to flinch. Jungkook lets out another smile, and turns around to walk away, with Jenny tailing him. I follow Jungkook and Jenny out of the door with Jinyoo beside me.

Wait a second-

I'm eating lunch with Jungkook?!?!

Jungkook POV

I look at everyone who is sitting in the table and sigh. It's so quiet and awkward... Jenny is the only talking, but she's been talking to only me the whole time.