Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying"

~B. F. Skinner

Jungkook POV

I look down and try my best to ignore everyone walking by. Securing my glasses that is about to fall off, I tuck in my scarf and fix my hat. I probably look really suspicious- like a serial killer- but I have to do whatever it takes to not get anyone to notice me.

The line moves forward, and I find myself in front of the cashier. I walk up and stare at the menu. My dark glasses makes it hard to read, but despite the difficulty, I still don't take them off.

"I would like a large latte on the go, please" I ask nicely.

"Is that all, sir?" The girl mutters as she scribbles on her notepad.

"Yes"

"Alright. We'll be with you in a moment" She says as she rips off the paper and slams it slightly next to her, waiting for a waiter to come and retrieve it. I smile, but she probably can't see it through the scarf that was covering my mouth. I walk away to not hold up the small line, and find a random seat next to the window.

After I sit down, I take out my phone and start reading my text messages:

We miss you! How's school? - Yoongi Hyung

jungkookie! How's school? You didn't forget us, right? - Hoseok Hyung

r u getting good grades? We miss you! - Namjoon Hyung

it's not fun without u T_T - Jimin Hyung

we miss u... I'm eating your snacks >:D - Taehyung Hyung

hope you're having fun! U better be eating everyday!- R u making friends? Good luck! Jin Hyung

A smile creeps on my face without letting me know as I read the messages from the members. I glance up from my phone and look around, hoping to see that no one notices me. Sighing in relief, I look back at my phone and start replying to the Hyung's messages.

"Sir, your coffee" A voice suddenly pops up, causing me to jump. I quickly shut down my phone and shove it inside my pocket, and look up to see a lady holding my latte.

"Thank you" I mutter and take it from her. After giving her a small tip, I stand up to leave. As I'm about to open the door to exit out of the cafe, I unintentionally hear a conversation outside the door.

"I don't want to go in there!"

"Why not? It's the nearest bakery around!"

"Didn't you hear? There was a fight here a few days ago!"

I frown- there was a fight here? I turn around and carefully study the restaurant- there is hardly any people around. It's my first time coming here, but it is definitely not my first time to going to a cafe. Usually cafes are crowded with people in the morning- but today, it isn't.

I swallow and open the door to walk outside, and immediately notice two high school girls in front of me. I freeze.

"Oh sorry" One of the girls says as she backed away, allowing me to walk. Gulping, I try my best to walk naturally while hiding my face. I'm glad I disguised myself before coming- otherwise, it would've been a disaster!

"Anyway, like I was saying..." the other girl says, causing me to stop my tracks. I don't know why, but I feel really curious to know what happened. Taking a sip from my coffee, I try my best to act natural while eavesdropping on their conversation.