Chapter 14

Chapter 14

.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly"

-Sam Keen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.

Jinyoo POV (A few hours later)

Resting my head against my pillow, I strum my guitar softly and stare at the ceiling. A few hours ago, when Rian was helping me learn to dance at the roof, I couldn't help but think that she looked so... pretty...

I bite my lip and strum my guitar hard, torturing my aching fingers. What am I thinking? I'm so dumb- how can I think that Rian is pretty? I only like beautiful women, the ones who wear pretty dresses and has cute voices. Rian- the girl who eats too much food and does not have even a little bit of manners- is far from that.

"Aish, seriously... I'm so stupid..." I mutter to myself as I grit my teeth.

"And you find that out now?" My roommate, Daehyun, walks in the room, carrying a pile of papers. I look up, surprised by his random entrance.

"Ah, shut up" I mutter as I put my guitar down beside my bed. "What are you doing?"

Not leaving his eyes off of the papers, he answers, "Ah, contest preparation stuff. Apparently my job is to search up songs and find the best ones for our dance"

"Oh" I mutter, walking next to him. I pick up a few sheets of papers that were tossed aside, and examine them.

"Oh... these are good" I raise my eyebrows, studying the music notes and lyrics.

"Yeah, but they have nothing to do with our dance" Daehyun looked up. "You can have them if you want" He shrugged and walked out of the room, leaving the left over music sheets with me. I smile- maybe I can actually win this thing!

.

.

Rian POV

.

As I walk through the hallway on my dancing clothes- a comfortable dark- blue sweatshirt and black sweatpants, that are rolled under my knees, I try not to look at the people walking by. Even though I can feel mean looks looking at me behind my back, I ignore it and squeeze my oversized bag.

I enter the dancing room and already see Jenny and Jungkook there, talking to each other as if nothing had happened. Sighing, I walk up to them and drop my bag against the wall.

"Hey!" Jungkook said, leaving his eyes off of Jenny. I smile shyly and wave back as I kneel down to take out my water bottle from my bag. I don't look at Jenny, I'm afraid of looking at her ugly face. Okay, more like looking at her scary expression, but whatever.

Jungkook tells something to Jenny, and she lets out a big sigh. I look up, curious.

"Jungkook says that he wants to start singing" Jenny stares at the wall as she talked, trying her best to avoid eye contact. Taking a big sip from my water bottle, I nod.

~A few moments later~

As Jungkook listens to Jenny sing as she plays on the piano, I try to memorize the lyrics on the sheet that Jungkook gave me. Thank goodness Jungkook found an English song for me to sing! But no matter how hard I try to memorize it, Jenny's annoying voice distracts me. Okay, so maybe her voice isn't so annoying and actually sounds good when she sang, but whatever.