Part of chapter 32

Rian POV

I watched from the distance as Jungkook and the other BTS members stood in front of a limo, with fans crowding around them. Many of the fans were screaming and crying for Jungkook, since he was leaving the school. I pursed my lips and forced a smile as I watched him. I wasn't too sure if the kiss last night meant anything. Of course I now know that my feelings for him weren't unconditional- Jungkook liked me too. However, now that he is leaving, the kiss also meant nothing.

It wasn't like we were going to be a couple. We obviously won't see each other anymore; he wouldn't have the time to call or text me with his busy schedule. I also have school, so hanging out with him won't be an option. However, what if we did decide to date each other? There would be so many scandals and BTS might even lose their fans, damaging their career. I can't do that to them. I can't be a burden.

The only option I have is to pretend he never existed.

From the distance, Jungkook scanned around the crowd. When he finally saw me, we gave each other eye contact for a long time. Like me, his eyes were sad but he still managed to force a smile. Rap Monster accidently bumped into Jungkook since he wasn't paying attention, causing me to giggle at Jungkook's clumsiness. He laughed in embarrassment and looked at me again.

"Jungkook- is there anything you would like to say to the school before we finally leave?" Rap Monster asked as he handed Jungkook the microphone. Jungkook definitely looked unprepared to give a speech, but he took the microphone anyway.

"Well... I'd like to thank everyone here who accepted me to be part of the school, even though I must have been a huge distraction from everyone's school work"

Everyone, including me, laughed.

"But I had so much fun attending this school. All of my classmates and teachers were nice, and they all respected me, as if I was just a regular student" Jungkook smiled as everyone laughed again from the total lie. Jungkook sighed and then he looked at me.

"I have made so many close friends and I have made memories here that I could never forget. There was also this one special someone who will always remain with me. This person has stayed by my side through thick and thin, and we both went through things I never thought I would be able to go through. So, to this special someone, I want to tell you one last thing before I go: Thank you" Jungkook smiled directly at me while fans were screaming out for his name, hoping that he was talking about one of them. I widened my eyes snd smiled warmly, touching the ring that he gave me.

As he got inside the car and I watched it leave, a tear strolled down my cheek. I smiled warmly.
....