Chapter 22

Chapter 22

.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He that speaks much, is much mistaken"

-Benjamin Franklin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.

Rian POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groan as I open my heavy eyelids. My head feels light and my mouth feels dry. I want to go back to sleep- I was too comfortable to even move an inch- but the beeping sound rang again. It finally registered to me that the noise was coming from my phone.

I groan as I force myself to sit up. I snatch my ringing phone from the desk and turn it on. I angrily search for the annoying person who kept on calling me, and let out a deep exhale when I read the name Jinyoo. Groaning, I sit back and read the many text messages that he sent me:

Wake up, Sleepyhead! -J

Do u know what day it is? -J

I can't wait for you forever, u know -J

I can't believe u ditched me yesterday at the mall. What happened anyway? -J

Hurry up! I'm getting impatient. Sitting with my sister at the restaurant alone is horrible -J

My sister is getting impatient. Where r u?

THE DATE IS IN THIRTY MINUTES. IF YOU DON'T MOVE UR LAZY BUTT, I'M TAKING THE BUS BACK TO SCHOOL, AND BARGE IN TO UR ROOM WITH A TRUMPET AND SOME DRUMS -J

I widen my eyes when I read the last message. I immediately look up at the calender pinned up at the wall nearby, and almost choke. Today is the day where I'm supposed to have that "date" with Jinyoo and his sister- and I totally forgot!

I jump out of my bed, now fully awake. I run to the bathroom to clean myself. After I get out, I check the time. Dang it! Only twenty- four minutes left!

I run to my closet and search for the dress that I bought yesterday. I throw it on, not caring to even adjust it, and I quickly slide on the high heels. Once my feet went inside the enormous shoes, I groan. My ankle is sore from yesterday, and it'll get even worse if I wear them again. I throw off the shoes and replace it with flats. It's not much improvement, but at least it's better than the stupid high heels.

After brushing my messy bed hair, I slam the brush down and swing my purse over my shoulder. I run outside, and do my best to rush through the hallway without tripping. It's already been thirteen minutes, which means I only have seventeen minutes until the "date" starts. My phone starts ringing, and I immediately know who it is.

"Yeah, Jinyoo?" I answer my phone as I rush through the hallway.

"Do you know what time it is? The date is in exactly seventeen minutes-"

"I know, I know. I'm coming as fast as I can" I interrupt Jinyoo's angry voice as I pick up my speed.

"But the next bus is in an hour. How are you going to get here?" Jinyoo asks with worry in his voice. I gulp. How do I go to the restaurant which is ten minutes away- by car? I don't have a ride at all, and even if I run through the streets without stopping- which is never going to happen- I'll probably still be late by five minutes.