Chapter 13

Chapter 13

.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever"

-The Crow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.

Jungkook POV (BEFORE the incident)

.

As I rush to my class, hoping to not be tardy again, I stare at my phone and smile as I scroll down the pictures of the other members and I. Not paying attention, I accidentally bump into the wall, dropping the phone. I gasp and quickly snatch it, and examine every corner and sides, hoping that there wasn't a scratch.

I sigh, feeling relieved that my phone was still working, but the sound of faint laughters and yelling caught my attention. As I slowly stand up, I look around, wondering where the sound was coming from. It sounded as if it was a school assembly, or an event that I wasn't told about. I slowly follow the noise, which lead me to the school's gym.

I stare at the gymnasim's door and sigh- I hope it was okay to barge in. As quietly as I could, I open the door and peek inside. Crossing my eyes, I try to see what was going on, but the crowd of people made it almost impossible to see what was happening.

Swallowing, I enter the gym and walk to where the crowd was. I push my way to the front and gasp at the sight of a girl, who was curled up into a ball in the middle of the crowd, being thrown at with eggs. Why were they doing that? I look around, but saw no hope of any rescuers of some sort. Every single person here was laughing and pointing- but why?

Gathering up courage, I take a deep breath. Do the right thing, Jungkook. I walk to the girl and ignore everyone's stares. The room becomes dead silent once I reached the girl. Being a gentleman, I kneel down and reach out my hand. The girl eventually lifts up her head, causing my eyes to go wide open. It was Rian!

I swallow and after helping her up, I study her tired looking face. Her eyes were red and her messy hair was covering half of her face. Her uniform was filled with egg stains and water, which looked really uncomfortable. I felt really bad for her.

"Are you okay?" I ask her softly, trying not to scare her. She nods fast, but never leaves her eyes off the floor. After a few minutes, I lead Rian to the door and out of the gym, ignoring everyone's stares. When we enter the empty hallways, Rian looked a little more relaxed. I felt the urge to comfort her, but I knew that couldn't happen.

If anyone catches me with her and gets the wrong idea, I'm practically dead. There will be articles all over Korea with the heading, BTS Magknae's Secret Girlfriend? That's the problem with reporters- once they see you with a girl, they tell the whole world you're dating. I can not ruin BTS's image!

"Thank... you" Rian's shaking and fragile voice stammered. I stare at her, shocked that she actually talked. I thought that she would start crying, but I guess she's not that type of person? I smile- Rian is a really interesting girl.

"You're welcome" I smile and bow. I'm actually glad I helped her- I think it's stupid how a larger group of people attacks one, small person. It's just plain dumb. I smile and after a friendly wave, I turn around to leave. I didn't actually want to leave her by herself, but I was too afraid of someone taking a picture of us.