Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"My life is so full of surprises, nothing surprises me anymore"

~Kim Wilde

Rian POV

Three weeks later

"Ugh, that brat" Jinyoo mutters as he  washes the dishes. Ignoring him, I quickly grab two cups of coffee and a plate of muffins, and place them neatly on a tray. I quickly carry the tray and take it to table nine, which is next to a window.

"Enjoy your food" I smile at the couple sitting on the table. Thankfully, Jinyoo helped me study a lot on Korean language, so I now know how to say "enjoy your food" in Korean, even though my accent is a bit off. I also know how to say hello, bye, and other simple words.

Because of Jinyoo, we both got a part time job at this cafe, just to earn a little money. If he never taught me how to say these simple words in Korean, I would've never gotten this job.

"Thank you" the girl smiles warmly at me. It seems that she isn't from around here, because if she is, she would have probably rolled her eyes or curse at me. About three weeks ago, when Jungkook tired to feed me noodles, I made a lot of new enemies. A lot of girls started hating me.

I return back a smile and walk to the kitchen where Jinyoo is now drying the plates. I slide next to him and put on rubber gloves, and start helping him. I grab the plates that was horribly washed by Jinyoo, and clean them again.

"You know, if you want this job, you should work harder" I mutter as I scrape off the stubborn frosting with a sponge. Next to me, Jinyoo sighs and put his plate down, turning to me.

"Why did that jerk, Jungkook, do that? Why did he try to feed you? Seriously, it's been driving me crazy!"

I shrug. "Why are you so mad? It's not like he did anything bad, he was just helping me. I don't understsnd why you're still upset"

"Well, I... uh.." Jinyoo hesitates for a moment, but quickly says, "Because of him, more people are bullying you now. It's like he did it on purpose"

"Nah, he doesn't seem like that type of person" I mutter, keeping my focus on the plates more than Jinyoo. No matter what, I have to keep this job. In the future, I will use the money to attend a good college.

"Hello? Anyone in here?" A feminine  voice interrupts my thoughts. I freeze for a moment- I forgot that I'm also a cashier!

"Coming!" I shout as I accidentally drop the plate in shock. Fortunately, I catch it, and as fast as I can without breaking it, I set it next to Jinyoo. I throw the rubber gloves out of my hands, and fastening my pace, I search for my notepad and pencil.

"Ugh, where did I put it?" I mutter to myself, clawing my hands into my hair in anger while walking back and forth.

"It's next to the sink!" Jinyoo shouts, not leaving his eyes off the plate he's currently washing. I run and snatch it, and quickly go to the cashier desk.

"Sorry. What would you like" I say in my worst Korean accent ever, between breaths. As I stare at the girl who is rolling her eyes, I brush my messy hair with my hand.

"Finally. I want a slice of strawberry cake and a slice of vanilla cake. I'm in table 4"

I close my eyes and bite my lip while tapping the end of the pencil on my cheek. After taking a moment of thinking, I smile and say, "We'll be right there with your order"

The girl rolls her eyes again, which annoys me a lot, but even that can't ruin my happy mood. I think I'm finally understanding Korean! I used to be fluent in Korean when I was really young, but all the words flushed out of my mind once I started school in America. I guess I'm finally getting it all back in!