Prologue

Prologue

Blood poured from the wound that was inflicted upon the female that had just killed an akuma. It was a level 2; far stronger than she had expected. Strangely, it didn't take her that long to kill it. It might've only been its strength for show, instead of its powers of speed and defence. They were shattered rather quickly by her Innocence; or what is just her Innocence that had high attack power? 

As the blood hit the ground and stained it a colour of crimson; the female Innocence bearer, Eliza Rickards, wondered why she didn't feel the virus of akuma spread. Was it just her, or was it something else? She's seen people get hit by akuma from the top fo the body to the bottom of it. They all crumbled into ashes, ending up into a pile of gray on the ground. So she wondered how and why she hadn't been reduced to ashes yet. It was what intrigued her about herself and the mysteries of life, but that was about it.

There was nothing more in her life that she found more interesting. Just like how ants crawl up a tree, crawl into houses just to obtain their food. That was how humans were like, too, in her mind. They just walked here and there, getting this and that, talked to this person and that person...it was fairly boring. Something needed to happen to spice up that very life that found it boring. And here she got it - killing akuma. 

Quite frankly, she had no idea why she was doing this. It might've spiced up her life and made it more interesting than it already was, but did she get any reward for killing them? One answer. No.

"Damn it..." She cursed, clenching her emerald eyes shut from the immense pain in her leg. Her hair had been taken out of its ponytail by the level 2 akuma, teasing her about being weak and the nonsense.

She could barely walk, since one leg was wounded and the other was bruised badly. She had to stick with limping. Eliza had to find shelter. It was the middle of the night, and the akuma had been stalking her while she came back from the bar after she got some information off some people. Then she killed it. 

Limping slowly across the cobblestone streets of Paris, she left a slight trail of blood. Her head was throbbing quite hardly, making her bite her lip softly to try and get her to think of something else. Sadly, it didn't happen and the pain continued.

As she limped, the throbbing of her head became heavier and heavier, making her stumble and trip. She would a few times, but afterwards, she would get back onto her feet and go on.

Suddenly, she had a sudden urge to look at her Innocence, to see if it was alright. Looking at the belt of her slightly ripped up pants, she saw that is was alright and hadn't been damaged. She gave a small sigh of relief, but regretted it when her vision blurred and her consciousness wavering out. 

Trying to keep herself awake, she held onto the walls of the builings, leaving behind a stamp of her hand print, of blood, as she went. But her vision blurred much quicker than the bleeding, and the darkness consumed her, letting her fall onto the cold ground and lie there, as the midnight snow started to fall.