i. | E I G H T

N E R I S S A

We soon enter a dark and gloomy area of the forest. It seemed to be ten times colder around me in this particular area.

"I think we're here, Oreius." I announce.

The centaur looks back at me with a nod, signalling for the rest of our army to spread out.

A hint of movement catches my eyes in a distance and immediately, I nock an arrow into my bow and set it free.

Not long after, a loud thud could be heard and I spot a Minotaur lying motionless amongst the trees.

"Good aim, Milady. But well, I'd expect no less from you." Oreius smiles as he glances back.

"Watch out!" I yelled, causing Oreius to swerve as I shot another arrow.

This time, the arrow finds itself buried in the ground before a line of fire sparks and starts to spread, encasing an oncoming group of the Witch's followers- that were getting too close for comfort, in fire.

Oreius continues deeper into the woods and it only grew more silent with every step.

"This place is suspiciously quiet. I think we're close." I whisper, "We should split up. We'll cover more ground that way."

"Are you sure that is a good idea, Milady?" Oreius questions in worry, "It's safer when we're together."

"Maybe, but we don't have all day, Oreius. The faster we get the boy, the better." I reasoned, "So, yes. I think it's better if we go our separate ways. We'll meet back here in ten."

Oreius takes a minute to think through the plan before he nods.

I hop off his back, landing on my feet. Glancing back at him one last time before I leave.

"Be careful, Milady." Oreius says.

I shoot him a firm nod, "You too, Oreius."

With that, I start my search, moving deeper into the woods with calculated steps with Nikephoros drawn and at the ready.

It doesn't take long for me to finally find the boy bound to the tree.

"Help me!" He yells as he spots me, his eyes filled with fear, "Please, help me!"

I sheathed my blade, replacing it with my dagger as I rushed forward to free Edmund from his confines.

"Come quickly." I urged as soon as he was cut free, ready to return to meet Oreius, but the boy stops in his tracks, gazing over my shoulder with fear-filled eyes.

I let out a heavy sigh, cursing under my breath, "There's someone behind me, isn't there?"

The boy nods slowly, too scared to speak as I slowly turned around.

Ginarrbrik stood behind me, "You freed the boy. You're working with the Narnians."

"Oh no, you're mistaken, Ginarrbrik. I was going to bring the boy for a little tour around Narnia, that's all." I shrugged theatrically, "You see, the Narnians agreed to help me show him around, they thought it'll be nice."