i. | E L E V E N

N E R I S S A

With another kick, the King lands on the beautiful Narnian grass- but I would think it was impossible to admire its beauty when the air was practically being knocked out of your lungs.

Peter groans, clutches his side as he pushes himself to his feet. He had lost his sword not long after the battle had begun and Rhindon was now lying on the ground a distance away,
;out of Peter's reach and unable to serve its use.

I had to give it to Peter, he was quite persistent, although if this were to be a real-life situation, he would've already been killed twenty times over.

"Ready to give up yet?" I say with a smirk.

Peter shakes his head in reply, panting as he doubles over to rest, "No, I'm okay."

I observe him closely as he takes a small step forward, instantly giving away his next move. As I have expected, he lunges at me.

I swerve to the side as he reaches me before seizing the opportunity to pull him into a chokehold.

Peter desperately tries to escape but to no avail, instead, he shifts into a better position for me to tighten my grip around his neck without even realising it.

I maintain my grip, letting him struggle for a minute before releasing him.

"You're dead." I state, "Again. Now get up."

"You're crazy." Peter manages between breaths as he stumbles to his feet, still trying to catch his breath.

I roll my eyes at him, feeling a little guilty for pushing him so hard but it was necessary, "No, I was letting you know how it feels to be caught under someone. Doesn't feel good does it?"

"Of course not." Peter replies, dusting himself off.

"Exactly." I state, "So if you don't like being in that position, don't get there in the first place. Defence is the best offence sometimes. Beats having to fight your way out of a compromising situation. That's the number one rule. Remember that."

"I assume there's a second rule, then?" The boy huffs.

I raise a brow at him in amusement, "Well, yes. Never expose your back to the enemy. That's how you get into said compromising situation and that's how I got that chokehold on you just now."

"And rule number three?" He presses on.

The corners of my lips quirk into a smirk at his question, making him shift uncomfortably.

"I think I'll save rule number three for another time. For now..." I trailed off, pulling out my pocket watch, "You better get running if you want your training to end by sundown."

The boy slumps over slightly with a heavy sigh, letting out a groan in annoyance.

"Well? Get going, then. We haven't got all day." I shrug.

The boy opens his mouth to protest but seems to decide against it and then he takes off running without another word.

I take a quick glance at my watch, taking note of the time before I spend the rest of my free time setting up a target and perfecting my aim with my bow and arrows.

I don't even realise how fast the time had passed until Oreius strolls up with the younger Pevensie boy in tow on Philip the horse.

"Oreius!" I greet, lowering my bow as he approaches, "Philip, Edmund."

"Milady." Oreius smiles, scanning the area, "Where is Peter? I thought you were supposed to be training him?"

I shrug, "I am."

As if being summoned, Peter runs up to us, panting and drenched in sweat from head to toe.

"There he is." I shoot him a smirk, before taking another look at my watch, "Forty-seven minutes and fifty-three seconds. Not bad at all. Colour me impressed."

"Doesn't matter." Peter replies between breaths, "I still have another round to go."

Oreius leans in to whisper in my ear, "I get that training is necessary, but don't you think you're being a little too harsh on him?" He asks softly.

I look up with a gasp, taking mock offence in that sentence.

"You really think I'm that heartless, Oreius?"

Oreius raises a brow at me, glancing at Peter with sympathetic eyes.

I let out a sigh in defeat, "Alright, that's enough."

I say just before the Pevensie boy takes off, earning a look of surprise from him.

"Go rest up." I order, "Oreius will take you after this, you can train with your brother."

The boy brightens up in an instant, "So, I'll learn how to sword-fight?"

"On Horseback, yes." Oreius answers.

I roll my eyes, "Congratulations, you got what you wanted. Keep in mind that this wasn't rightfully earned."

My comment doesn't seem to dampen the boy's mood in the slightest bit as he wanders off in search for his brother.

I click my tongue in annoyance as I stare after him, Oreius on the other hand, seems vastly amused.

"If I had it my way, his hand-to-hand combat would be the best in all of Narnia." I grumbled.

"There's no doubt in my mind, Milady." Oreius chuckles, "With you taking him under your wing, he'll be the best in every aspect you could think of in no time."

I shake my head, letting out a frustrated sigh, "That's the problem, Oreius. We don't have time. Not as much as I would like, anyway."

Looking out at the beautiful Narnian scenery, worry fills my chest.

"Maybe it was a mistake blowing my cover, Oreius." I mutter, "Maybe we would've had a bigger advantage if I stayed on the inside."

"Milady, we've made the right choice." Oreius reassures, "If it wasn't for you, the humans might not have even made it here. I truly believe that we have the upper hand in this and it wouldn't have been this way if we didn't have you."

I look up at Oreius with yet another sigh, "Thanks, Oreius." I give him a pat on the back, "I trust that the Pevensie boys will be in good hands today." I cork a playful brow at Oreius who laughs.

"Of course, Milady. Worry not." He smiles.