ii. | T W E N T Y - O N E

P E T E R

Relief fills my chest I catch sight of Caspian returning with Susan and Nerissa following close behind.

I've been driving myself out of my mind wondering where she'd disappeared to ever since I noticed she was gone a while back. Worry starts to kick back in when I realise my youngest sister isn't with them. Where is she?

"Does his majesty need a respite?" Miraz mocks.

A part of me wants to wipe that smug smile off his face and turn down the offer, but I know I needed an update or I wouldn't be able to focus.

"Five minutes?" I accept.

Miraz scowls in response, "Three."

I agree to his conditions, only because I couldn't be bothered to argue any further.

Limping over to the columns, catching Nerissa's worried eyes as she takes in my beat-up appearance. I take her hand in mine as soon as I reach her, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Lucy?" I ask my sister.

"She got through," Susan informs, eyeing Caspian and Nerissa. "With a little help."

I meet Caspian's eyes, offering him a nod. "Thanks."

Caspian shrugs it off, "Well, you were busy."

His reply sends a twinge of guilt through me. It's no doubt I've severely misjudged the guy previously and I can only hope it's not too late to make amends.

"Are you feeling alright?" I turn my attention to the woman who holds my heart captive, noticing how she looks slightly pale.

She offers me a tight smile that tells me that she's not as well as she pretends to be, "Me? I think I should be the one asking you that question. Have you seen yourself?"

I let out a chuckle which sends a sharp pain up my side. Deciding that she looks physically alright, I let it go for now.

"Better get up there. Just in case." I say to my sister, "I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word.

Susan nods and I wince as she pulls me into a hug that made my shoulder feels like it's on fire.

"Sorry," She apologises sheepishly, taking in my injuries with worried eyes.

"Keep smiling," Edmund orders, watching the sea of Narnians and their matching worried expressions as Susan runs off to join Trumpkin and his group of archers on higher land.

I oblige, pasting me a wide smile on my face and raising my sword towards the crowd, earning loud cheers in support.

Nerissa clutches my hand in an effort to hold me up when I groan in pain as soon as my arm falls to my side.

"It looks dislocated," Nerissa frets, worry colouring her beautiful features.

"I'm fine," I reassure, brushing her hair out of her face- a feat that took more effort than it should have.