ii. | F O U R

P E T E R

It's funny how our day went from dull and boring, to interesting...In fact, interesting doesn't even being to describe it.

Somehow, we've found ourselves performing a rescue on a fellow Narnian. Now, I'm soaking wet, having just retrieved him from the water to the safety of the shore and watched as Lucy made quick work in removing his binds with her dagger.

I let out a groan in annoyance as I shook the water out of my hair and wrung my clothes out. We've just gotten a change of clothes too- and found our weapons, which I was sure was going to come in handy.

"Drop him?" The dwarf demands as he pulls off his gag, "That's the best you can come up with?"

Susan and I exchange a glance, "A simple thank you would suffice." My sister sasses.

"They were doing a fine job drowning me without your help."

"Maybe we should have let them," I argue, promptly shutting him up.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asks.

The dwarf sighs, "They're Telmarines, that's what they do."

"Telmarines?" Edmund glances at him in confusion, "Here in Narnia?"

"Where have you been the last few hundred years?"

Lucy chuckles sheepishly, "It's a bit of a long story."

I feel his gaze follow my sword as Susan hands it to me before his eyes darts between the four of us.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," He groans, "You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of old?"

"High King Peter," I introduce myself, holding out a hand for him to shake before adding, "The magnificent." If Nerissa were here, she would most definitely be rolling her eyes.

"You probably could've left out the last bit." Susan shoots me a look.

"Probably." The dwarf chuckles.

"You might be surprised," I say drawing my sword.

He simply laughs, "Oh, you don't want to do that, boy."

"Not me," I say as I turn to Edmund, "Him."

Edmund draws his sword as I offer mine to the dwarf, hilt first.

My brother smiles at me when the tip of the sword falls into the sand as soon as he takes it. I shoot him a chiding glare, one of Nerissa's golden rule popping into my head: Never underestimate your opponent, never let your guard down.

This seems to be a prime example for the reasoning behind that rule as the stranger suddenly knocks Edmund's sword away and takes a swing that my brother barely dodges.

Clearly taken aback by the sudden attack, Edmund tries to regain his composure, only to be hit square in the face.

"Edmund!" Lucy yells in worry as he stumbles back.

"Aw, you alright?" The dwarf mocks.

The two circle around in an intense face-off, before Edmund's opponent, makes his next move, swiping his sword towards Edmund's feet. Edmund jumps and the sword slices through the sand instead.