CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Sam, or the Falcon, as he was becoming known by plummeted down from the sky onto the first helicarrier. He dodged bullet fire with ease with his specially designed suit. He made his landing with two guns in hand and took out an agent. When he thought he was safe, he looked around only to see a quin-jet coming straight for him. He flew quickly away from it's fire, dodging it by hiding under other quin-jets. He continued to dodge it.

Cap was in a similar position. He kept kicking, punching and throwing his shield at men to try and avoid their gunfire. He was about to enter a building when something from behind him thrust him into the steel door. He turned round to look down the barrels of two guns pointed at him. They came from the girl with wings and a metal arm he had only just noticed. "You've set the world on a course of disaster. Only Hydra will upright your wrong."

"You've got this all wrong. Why don't you-"

"Set the guns down? So we can talk?" Cosima spat on the ground beside her. "I don't cooperate with people like you."

"If only I could explain things to you, then you'd understand we're on the same side."

"We will never be on the same side. Prepare to die Captain America." She was about to pull the triggers when he swept his leg under her own. She saw it coming and jumped high into the air. Steve grabbed his shield and protected himself from the heavy gunfire coming from the girl's guns. 

"I don't want to hurt you. I didn't earlier and I don't want to now." The gunfire stopped. Steve thought she had listened to him. Instead she pulled the shield from him and threw it on the ground.

Genuine fear sprang in her eyes. Her face seemed crumpled. "What do you mean about earlier on. This is the first time we've come face to face." Her voice was croaky.

"Earlier. With Bucky and-"

"Who's Bucky?" Panic spread through Cosima's body. She knew something had happened to her because she thought she had missed out on some time, but the Hydra agents had reassured her she had just woke from a coma. "I-I was in a c-coma. I couldn't h-have been here earlier." Cosima dropped the guns on the ground. 

"Hydra has been lying to you. They just want you for your abilities."

Who was Cosima going to trust? She had been sent to kill Captain America, but instead he was taking up time. Cosima knew. He was stalling her. How could she have forgotten that so easy? She hardened again, mentally slapping herself for letting this man see a side she thought she never had.

"Good technique. Stalling always provides a little time for a plan." Cosima's wing collided with Steve's shoulder and sent him knocking towards the ground. Cosima bent down quickly to grab her guns, but Cap was nowhere in sight. She instantly flew into the air, but she couldn't see him hiding anywhere. She was going to get punished, and anger fueled inside her for her hatred of the Captain.

She was about to go inside the door he was originally going to go through when she got new orders from her ear-piece. "Go after Sam and stop him. Soldier has been assigned on taking Captain down." Cosima obeyed instantly and flew to where she thought Sam might have been.

---

Alexander Pierce needed to stall for time. Natasha had the other guests hold guns pointed on him. She, meanwhile, was on his laptop, doing what he dreaded. He needed something to happen so he could switch the game up.

One of the other guests became curious. "What are you doing?" he asked.

Pierce spoke up. "She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the Internet."

"Including Hydra's," Natasha added without so much as batting an eyelid.

Pierce, feeling he was backed into a cage, decided to snap. "And SHIELD's. If you do this, none of your past is going to remain hidden."

Natasha stopped typing and looked up at Pierce. She quickly slid away the thoughts and began working towards trust for her team. She would only manage that by spilling all SHIELD and Hydra secrets. 

Pierce stepped forward, wanting to intimidate Natasha even further. "Are you sure you want the world to see you as you really are?"

Natasha looked back at Pierce with a smirk on her face. "Are you?"

---

"Alpha locked," came over the radio. Sam was under pressure to lock in his carrier. 

"Falcon, where are you now?"

"Had to take a detour," came his quick response. The plane behind him was locking on, Sam could feel it, but then it suddenly disappeared. It retreated back onto the helicarrier. "Okay. It's all clear. I'm gonna go for it now."

Sam went to swing around when two feet greeted him. He instantly knew who it was, but he was falling towards the ground below. He uprighted himself and stared at the girl with wings. Sam spoke into his earpiece again. "If I don't come out of this, just remember me."

"I thought you said it was all clear," Captain said, sounding rather smug. 

Sam dodged Cosima's bullets, most of them coming a little too close for comfort. "Everything is not all right Captain! Everything is not alright!" He spiraled downwards, trying to lure Cosima away, but she was a woman of the air and she knew exactly what kind of stunts Sam was trying to pull off and how to weaken him by doing so. 

Cosima stayed put, her eyes never leaving Sam's suit. When he looked up, a shadow of defeat lingered on his face. Sam would have to get past Cosima now, and that was easier said than done. Cosima reached into her pocket and pulled out three pieces that seemed to fold together to make a weapon. 

Sam thought he could get by in the precious seconds Cosima was distracted and he flew quickly. Cosima did not expect Sam to do this, and trailed behind him as he neared his way to deposit the blaster.

Cosima didn't really have much choice than to actually shoot Sam. She thought by shooting beside him, it would get his attention and cause him to leave, but now she realised how close he was to Cap and his little team. Cosima despised him.

She finally finished her grenade launcher, stuck a grenade in it and launched it for Sam. He had no idea. It unfortunately, for Cosima, exploded a few feet away from Sam, but it did knock him into the glass dome he needed to be in. 

Glass was scattered all over the floor where he lay, but he knew he had to get up before Cosima came to make him stay down forever. Although it wasn't Sam's intention to harm the teenager, he fired a grenade of his own at her. She, also like Sam, didn't expect the grenade and she was falling and screaming through the air as it exploded. Sam felt bad, but he knew he'd feel a lot worse if he didn't get the blaster into the hard drive.

The grenade had given him a minute of precious time, and he locked his blaster in eventually. "Bravo locked," he said over the radio, feeling pretty good about himself until he saw Cosima hot on his heels, literally.