CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Cosima landed in the city. She had no idea where this place was, the only thing she knew was that it was in America. 

First of all, Cosima nicked a few wallets. She did feel guilty, which was a new feeling, but she knew she needed answers, and usually answers costed money. 

Then Cosima bought a long coat to cover her wings. It didn't particularly go with Cosima's outfit, but it was either this or scare everybody with her black wings. She also bought sunglasses. She heard the other Avengers talk about everyone knowing what they had done of Klaue's ship and in that neighbouring city. Most of the people of that region weren't happy, and Cosima wanted to keep herself hidden. Plus, if she couldn't remember most of her past, who knows who she could bump into and remember on the streets! It was better to kept hidden than to expose herself. 

She headed out onto the streets to look for a computer of some sort. She could have used one at Clint and Laura's house, but she didn't want anybody knowing what she was looking for.

She asked a few people on the streets where the nearest computer was, and they pointed her in the general direction of a 'library'. Cosima had no idea what that was. Her education was very basic, so she wasn't taught most of what everyone was. She was taught how to hold a gun when we were taught what Pythagora's Theorem was.

She saw a sign for the library and decided to follow it. When she reached the place, it looked very happy. There was loads of people coming in and out with smiles on their faces, as well as piles of books. There was young and old people coming out. It seemed to be a safe place. Hopefully Cosima's presence would still be considered 'safe' in this place.

Cosima stepped inside and was amazed at what she saw. Rows and rows of colourful books with people looking at them, taking them out or even reading from them. There was places for kids, adults and the older generation. Cosima loved this place. 

She looked at some of the books and brushed her finger over the rows. This place breathed happiness. She made a promise to herself that once all of this was over and done with, she would come back to a library and spend an hour or two looking and reading the books.

But Cosima wasn't here for them. She was here to find an answer to who she was and who 'Morgana' was. Was it some figment of her imagination or was this information the key to finding out who she was, or is.

She located the computer part of the library and took a seat. She had to log into the computer, but she didn't have a log in or password. Someone beside her noticed.

"You're new here, aren't you?"

Cosima smiled. "Yeah. Any chance you could log me in, or know how to?"

"Yeah, sure." The man, who seemed in his thirties, typed in something using her keyboard. It seemed effortless enough. "That should get you in. Let me know if there's any problems."

"Thanks." Cosima genuinely meant it, something she hadn't meant in such a long time. Cosima's guilt was starting to build up. But she pushed it aside, something she knew she shouldn't do.

She held the mouse and clicked on the Internet. She typed in 'morgana' to see what would come up. She hoped she would find the image of that little pale, blonde-haired girl. Then she could find out about her and why Wanda's mind warping powers made her think what she thought.

What came up was not what Cosima was looking for. The first think was a hotel in Rome. The second was a room in a hotel for Switzerland. The third was a clothing line, but clothes wouldn't be to do with this little girl. The fourth was about a TV character called Morgana Pendragon. Cosima thought she looked a little like her, with her fierce appearance.