CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

"Barton!" Cap called over the intercom, dodging a hit from Ultron.

There was still no reply.

"Barton!" Natasha called. She unstrapped a part of the cradle inside the truck. "I could really do with you being here."

"I'm back," Barton replied. He sounded winded. "Cosima's gone crazy. It's like she's being controlled by Ultron or something. She's heading down to you guys. Keep your eyes peeled for her."

"Is she trying to stop us or something?" Natasha asked.

"She's trying to kill us. She had a knife to my throat. I kicked her out of the quinjet and she's now going to you Cap."

"Great. Is it like ... Bucky and the fall of SHIELD?"

"Yeah. Remember when you told me that Bucky was being controlled or something. I think it's the same thing. She's never said anything about it though."

"Well it's not exactly a conversation starter," Natasha said.

Meanwhile, Cosima didn't know what was going on. She saw herself go for Clint's throat, but she didn't want too. She tried to pull away, but something stronger was keeping her fixed there. She couldn't move herself, no matter how hard she tried. Right now she could see Steve. She knew what was gonna happen. 'She' was gonna try and kill him, just as Ultron has said. She tried to drift away, but something was pushing her to get closer to Cap.

She landed on the train that Ultron and Cap were on. Ultron seemed surprised to see her. "Once you're done here, come find me," Ultron said, flying out of the side of the train.

Cosima stared at Cap. He looked so innocent, yet she couldn't bring herself away.

"We can talk this through," Cap said, raising his hands as if to calm a wild animal.

Cosima whipped out her wing and pinned Cap against the wall. She retracted it and took out a gun from her pocket, positioning it in her hands. She tried to stop herself, but her hands wouldn't obey her mind. All that she wanted to do was kill Cap, but she knew in herself that she didn't want to. 

Cosima stopped loading the gun. She remained motionless. She tried to move, but she couldn't. She looked out of the corner of her eye and saw Wanda and Pietro. She was confused. A glimmer of red seemed to envelope her. Wanda was stopping her with her energy. For once, Cosima was glad that Wanda was doing this.

Cosima couldn't hear anything. Maybe it was the buzz of everything or Wanda's doing, she didn't know. But the urge to kill rose up within Cosima again. She tried to get out of Wanda's barrier, but it was useless.

Suddenly, Cap grabbed Cosima and wouldn't let her go. Cosima tried her hardest to escape his grasp, but he held on so tight. Wanda, meanwhile, was stopping the moving train that had come off of the tracks. Pietro was moving people out of the way of the train. 

"Let me go!" Cosima yelled.

"I can't do that," Cap said. He held her firmer. He knew if she got away that she wouldn't hesitate to kill any of them. He knew it wasn't her fault that this was happening. He wondered how she felt when this was going on, whether she knew what was happening or really did believe what her controller would tell her.

Cosima stomped on Cap's feet and tried to spread her wings, but Cap was a lot stronger than her. She tried to take him down with moves she had learned from Hydra a long time ago, but he remained at a standstill. He wasn't giving up, and neither was she. She wriggled one of her hands free, grabbed a knife and tried to stab Cap's hand, but the train came to a halt and threw everyone forward. Cosima stumbled to the ground, the knife no where to be seen.

She tried to get up quickly, but Wanda stood over her. "I'm sorry," she said delicately before red light appeared between her hands. She moved them across each other and Cosima blacked out - unconscious.