CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Cosima lifted herself into the air, even though her shoulder was telling her not to. She landed  to where she thought Wanda was. She wasn't there, but Thor was.

"The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care. I doubt a human can keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty."

"Thor," Cosima said, trying to reach up to him. He was huge and took the longest strides, completely different to Cosima's short stature and strides. "You can't fight this. You need to get to get out of here."

"My mind is perfectly fine. I can dea..." Thor started but suddenly stopped. Cosima had seen this before. It was the mind-control kicking in. She guided Thor to a room where she closed the door and hoped no one would try to hurt the defenseless Avenger.

Cosima knew Wanda wouldn't stop at one Avenger.

She hurriedly made her way out onto the decking and searched for Wanda. Steve seemed to be in a daze. She had struck again. Natasha however, was in a visible spot, and she knew Wanda would go for her.

Cosima swooped down beside Natasha, much to her dislike. "I'm perfectly fine here," Natasha said. 

"Wanda is gonna warp your mind if I don't stay here."

"Look," Natasha said. "You're really getting on my nerves. Back off before I use these on you," she said as she held up her electrifying devices.

"Nat, I-"

"Don't call me that."

"Natasha. I'm just trying to help you."

"Well I don't need it."

"You should have listened to your new friend," Wanda said coming out of a dark corner. She shot red mist directed at Natasha, but Cosima felt compelled to step out in front of her. Cosima took the red mist for Natasha and put her vibranium wing up to shield Natasha in case Wanda tried to manipulate Natasha's mind again. With her other wing, she tipped Wanda off of the landing where Pietro caught her below. 

Cosima stumbled to the ground, holding her head. Wanda promised never to make her see her worst fears. But now she'd broken that promise, just like she was going to break Cosima.