Fame & An Escape Place

Kayla's P.O.V ( Lucas Coly in the picture above)

Me and Taylor burst into the auditorium with the rest of the students and settle down in our homeroom sections. Mr. Baylor the principal comes on stage to give the regular monotonous speech he gives every year about school pride, the spirit of cooperation and a bunch of other rules and regulations that most of the students aren't going to follow. I feel myself falling asleep, so I lean over and lay my head in my lap. I could faintly hear him still going on as I drift off to sleep. But Taylor bumps me and says, " Girl If I can't sleep then you can't either, wake that ass up"
Sitting up groaning and wanting to escape to the bathroom or janitor's closet like I always do, I continue to listen to Mr. Baylor's speech. 4 years later, he finally was done talking and I thought it was time to go so I jumped up and was about to leave.
" Ms. Jones where do you think your going we have one more announcement left before everyone is dismissed. So please take your seat", Mr. Baylor said over the microphone calling me out. Everyone in the auditorium was either laughing or staring at me crazy. I sunk back in my seat.
" Girl If he dont get his wanna be Jackson 5, New Edition reject, Otis from The Temptations lookin ass outta here". I looked over and smiled at Taylor as she laughed at her own joke.
" Ladies and gentlemen before you go we have a surprise student that will be attending our school for credit recovery and we want everyone to make sure he gets a warm welcome. And we want to set an example by leading and using all of the schools mottos to ensure he gets the full  Washington School of the Arts experience.", Mr.Baylor says.
" Lucas will you come out on stage please"
At least every girl, including Taylor, completely lost their minds when the boy came on stage. I rolled my eyes. Thinking to myself I wonder why our school Is even allowing this. The silver spoon fed  child integrated with hundreds of inner city kids? What was the school board thinking. Credit recovery for what; he's a whole rapper; don't famous kids get home schooled while they are on the road?
" Wassup everybody, I'm excited to be attending this high school of the arts and I'm excited to become one of you, I haven't been as focused as I should be with this education stuff but I'm going to try my best", the boy says. As he finishes his speech i sneak out while everyone is distracted. A few minutes later I hear the bell ring once again and head back to homeroom to grab my things and wait for next period. Students start to file in and everyone is talking about " Mr. Famous"
" He is so fine."
" I hope I have all my classes with him."
" Aye, fam you think he'll put me in his next song? He got all the connects."
Pulling my phone out I put my headphones in and put my Pandora on the 90s R&B Radio and write in my notebook. Taylor comes over by me and pulls one of my earphones out of my ear.
" Kay, I know you seen Lucas Coly aren't you geeked!?"
" Nah, I never heard of him", I mumbled quietly.
" STOP PLAYIN'!"
" No like seriously never heard his music a day in my life or seen him."
" Girl where have you been? Living in a box?" My body tenses after Taylor said those words. I gather all of my things and run out of the classroom; Taylor was calling after me, but I kept going. Tears started to form in my eyes as I was running. Yes, I have been living in my own little box. No ones understands the pain I feel or what I've been going through for the last couple of years. That's why I don't speak. No one understands. I shouldn't have said a word in the first place. I stop running when I get to stairs on the 3rd floor. The rooftop garden. My favorite place to escape to when I dont want to be bothered. Touching, smelling and looking of the flowers reminds me of my Mom so much. She used to have at least 15 pots of plants in our house. The plants brightened up the house; made it feel fresh. I remember the last time my Mom let me water the plants before she got sick.
" Kay kay come over here and help me water this new little flower I bought for you"
" Yes ma'am, what is it called?"
" It's called a daisy, but I named it Kayla because it reminds me of you. Baby, always keep that smile on your face no matter what happens ok?.
" Yes ma'am,  but everything is ok, everything will be ok."My mom smiled and hugged me tight. I really didn't understand until after she got really sick what she meant by " no matter what happens". I didn't feel myself crying as I was staring at the new daisy's that were just planted. I wiped away my tears and sat on the bench facing the view of the city. I pull out my phone to see what time it was when I heard the roof's entrance door slam shut.

Hey guys, please share ny story and give me ideas on new characters. I will be updating this story everyday so please don't forget to read, vote, and share it with your friends!! - shy 💙