Confrontation Pt.1

Lucas's P.O.V

I made myself comfortable on the couch downstairs. I look at my phone and see that it's close to 5. We would have been at the mall already if she wasn't so slow. I text her.

Me: HURRY UP SLOW ASS!!!
Baby Kay: I'm taking my time now, since you wanna rush me sir. So you might as well get comfortable.

I smile to myself.

Me: Oh, you don't want me to get comfortable shorty.
Baby Kay: What you mean?

I smirk and type.

Me: I mean if you want to see me in nothing but my Calvin Klein boxers and socks....
Baby Kay: Bye.

Shaking my head and smiling, I kick off my shoes, put my feet on the table, and grab the remote. 30 minutes later, Shorty finally comes downstairs. I'm watching Wild-N-Out and eating some starburst gummies that were on the table.
" I'm ready", Shorty says getting my attention. She rolls her eyes at me when she sees I'm eating her candy. She'll be alright, I'll buy her some more later on. I look her up and down. Her hair is out of the puffball , she has it loose and parted to the side. Her curls are long and poofy. I've noticed that she is a tom-boy; always wearing Nike jogging suits and sneakers. She looks like a snack right now though.
" Ummm, can I have my face back", she says and raises her eyebrow at me.
" Uhh, Yea...I... let's go." I get up and start my car up outside. Shorty hops in and hooks up her phone to the Aux. Some SWV plays and she nods her head to the rhythm. Today I will finally ask her about the song and if she's comfortable, I'm going to ask her about what happened to her mom. After that dream, vision or whatever it was; I just know that I gotta find out. We pull up to the mall and see Armon and Trey waiting for us in front. Shorty hops out of the car and waves. She gives them hugs and we walk into the mall. Looking over at Shorty, I see that she looks anxious. Kayla really is really a nice girl, despite her attitude problem. It's not right that no one really takes the time out to chill with her, get to know her. I smile at her. She looks up and gives me a small grin and looks back down.
I'm not going to break my promise. Armon starts talking to Shorty about some new Jordans that came out when I hear screaming. And I know it's nobody but Taylor loud mouth ass. She runs up to Shorty and hugs her. She introduces herself to my brothers and we continue to walk.
" Aye bro, let's go into champs to see if they got those new Jordans me and Kay want", Armon says as the store comes into view. We walk in the store and Shorty goes into straight toddler mode. She runs straight to the wall of Jordans and picks up a pair immediately. I'm not surprised though. When I was in her room earlier I saw her collection of shoes. And most of the shoes she has are Jordans. A sales associate comes up to me and asks if I need help and I point him Shorty's way. Then I walk around and look at some things myself. Like 20 minutes later I literally have to drag Kayla out of the store. She was deciding on whether to buy the new Nike Foamposites or the Jordan 6s. She ends up buying the Jordans and a matching shirt and socks to go with them. We start walking again and Taylor suggests that her and Kay go upstairs to a store called Akira. As we're going up the escalator, Trey starts yelling and running. So of course, I start running too. My dumb ass trips up the escalator and I almost fall back down. Shorty and everyone else busts out laughing, while I'm so mad.
" That shit not cool folks," I say to them.
" Aww, my bad my nigga. I thought I seen my ex crazy ass," Trey said and looked back. Shorty coughs to hide her laugh.
" Why would you run anyway, you not runnin' track nigga", Armon says. I walk away and go into Akira while everyone is still laughing. I go into the dress store, while my brothers continue to walk down. Kayla and Taylor follow me into the dress store. I don't know why I came in here, it's nothing but dresses, heels, and girly clothes. As I'm about to sneak my way out, Kayla grabs my arm.
" Bro, don't leave me in here by myself with Tay, please", she whispers and looks up at me with pleading eyes. I look over at Taylor and see she already has at least 5 dresses in her hand already.
" You really not into all this girl stuff are you?"
" Not at all, It's...."
" It's what", I question her and raise my eyebrow. She takes a step back and looks down.
" It's not me. I don't look good in stuff like this. I'm not even pretty." She looks back up at me with a sad half smile.
" To be honest, I don't understand why you're trying so hard to be my friend. I'm not like the other girls that you come across on a daily basis. I don't have the look, style, none of that. I'm just plain, Kayla. Just because you're stuck with me as a school guide for a year doesn't mean you have to befriend me. I wouldn't even want to be friends with myself." I can't believe she actually thinks about herself like that. If only she could see herself how I do. As a cool, smart, pretty girl. Yeah, her attitude is annoying, but it's something about her. Something special.
" Shorty listen, you...". But before I could finish Tay, calls shorty over to her. I grab her arm, and she looks back at me.
" It's cool Lucas, you don't have to make me feel better", she says and I let her go. Tay takes her by a dressing room and hands her a pile of dresses to try on and pushes her in there. She motions me to come by her.
" What were you and Kay, talkin bout over there", she asks me.
" She ain't wanna come in here, and I could see the look on her face. I told her I see that she not into this girly shit, and she said no because she's not pretty enough."
" Kayla is the finest dark skin girl I know, she's sweet, and her smile is gorgeous. I really hate that she's so insecure about herself."
" She is kinda cute", I said. Taylor smacks her lips and rolls her eyes at me.
" Kinda?"
" Yeah, that's what I said nigga."
" You like her don't you? That's why you invited her out here, to get closer to her"?
" Yeah, I guess so, but it's not like that, she's a chill girl. Different from the other females I usually vibe with." Taylor looks at me and smirks.
" OOOOOH YOU CRUSHIN'!"
I cover her mouth.
" Shut the fuck up bro, I ain't even said all that. Stop twistin my words; I just met her. How imma crush on somebody I just met? You buggin'."
" Mhmm, whatever we'll see. I'm not stupid."
10 minutes go by and Kayla is still in the dressing room. A lady walks over to us with dresses in her hand.
" Your friend didn't like any of these dresses, but fortunately I picked out a dress that fits her perfectly. She asked me to tell you guys to come over." We walk over to the dressing rooms.
" Lucas, Tay," Shorty peeks her head from behing the curtain.
" Girl, come out let me see what you workin' with".
" I look weird." Taylor laughs.
" Nigga, come out, I wanna see them cheeks."
" Stop playin' man". Shorty steps out of the room.
All I can do is stare. ( Picture of Dress and Heels below)