A Win

Lucas's P.O.V ( Armon and Trey in picture above)

Everything seemed to be going good for a few months then it happened. Mom started acting strange. Some days me and Aunt Mel couldn't get her to eat. Other days she would stay in bed all day and stare at the wall. We tried to get her to talk but nothing would work. Then out of the blue she started to look and be like herself again. I was so relieved. My school was having a talent show and the grand prize was 20,000 dollars and a chance to record a song or be a dancer in a Migos video. My brothers Armon and Trey, who I met at school, tried to talk me into it.
" Aye Man do a feature with us, all of those raps you have in that fat ass notebook", Trey said.
" Look man, those songs are only for me and plus we wouldn't win anyway, drop it."
" Shut yo' tight shirt bussin' ass up, with your flow and our voices... man we could go somewhere even if we don't win", Armon said.
" Well Ight , but I get to make the beat and song yall work on the melody. We have to meet tomorrow though I have to study for Ms. Johnson's bottle cap head ass algebra quiz because its looking dark son". They laughed and agreed. After that day we worked all week on our song. The day before the talent show I came home a nervous wreck. Mama and Aunt Mel was in the kitchen cooking.
" Hey baby boy how was talent show practice", mama said as she came over and kissed me on the cheek.
" It was straight, I'm not gone lie though ma I'm nervous, real nervous"
" Boy you gone do fine as much as you rap getting on my nerves around the house you ready enough beyond ready child", my Aunt mel says as she flicks a wad a spaghetti at me.
I try to dodge it but it hits me right on my forehead. Mama starts to laugh hard.
" Oh that's funny?" I scoop a spoonful of spaghetti sauce and fling it at mama. Then it was war. By the time we were done it was spaghetti noodles and sauce everywhere. Since we threw our dinner everywhere We went out to Buffalo wild wings to eat. That night I layed down in bed with my headphones and listened to the beat of our song. My mom came in my room and layed down next to me. She held on to my arm and closed her eyes.
" I love you baby boy"
" I love you more Ma"
I heard her start to snore softly so i got up and grabbed another cover for her. Kissing her on the cheek I turned around and went to sleep.

Finally the day of the talent show was here. It was a weekend so me, Armon and Trey had all day to practice. Before It started, I saw my Aunt Mel and Mom walk in. And I walked over to them.
" Hey y'all here's the tickets with yall seat numbers. They should have placed yall in the front like I asked."
" Ok Nunu", Aunt Mel said as she walked away.
" DON'T CALL ME THAT DANG MAN!" My mom giggled and pushed me.
" Baby boy now you know you never gone get rid of that name. Look at you , lookin' all handsome I'm so proud of you Lucas."
" Thank you Ma, everything I do I do it for you". She looked at me seriously.
" Lucas, I appreciate everything you've done for me, taking up 2 jobs, doing good in your regular classes even though you don't like school. I appreciate you for being a man when your father couldn't. But I want you to start living for yourself to make something of yourself, to be better than me and your father. God gave you this talent for a reason not a mistake. Your blessed Lucas and Im so proud to see you happy". She started to cry a little and I wiped her eyes.
" Don't worry Ma as long as your happy I'm happy, that's all that matters to me." Mom smiled but she had a distant look in her eyes. But I didn't notice.
" Bro come on we gotta get backstage... who is this fine specimen right here?", Trey said as him and Armon walked over.
" Aye Fam, chill out that's my moms"
Mom laughed as she hugged my two friends as they introduced themselves".
" Look after my baby boy I think he's in good hands with yall", my mom said seriously. I looked at her but I didn't really catch what she was hinting at; they didnt either. She kissed me on the cheek and headed to her seat by Aunt Mel.
" Aye bro why is this our first time meeting Moms?" Trey said.
" Yea, I need to come over for dinner EVERY night my nigga", Armon said as he stared at my mom. I slapped both of them on the head.
" Didn't I say chill! Whatever come on let's go". We walked backstage and waited for our act to be called. Finally it was time to go on. We said a little prayer and went on the stage. The beat started and Trey came on show boating as usual but the crowd loved it. Armon came in with the harmony, then I came in with the opening hook of " 21 Questions" our song inspired by 50 cent. The crowd was jumping, girls were going crazy, even the teachers were bobbing their heads. I caught a glimpse of my mom and Aunt Mel. They were dancing and smiling. I winked at my Mom and she winked back. We were the 3rd to last performance so we had to wait a while until everything was over. Out Principal and Vice Principal came on the stage to announce the winners. Me, Armon and Trey were by the stage listening as the 3rd and 2nd prize winners were announced. I folded my hands.
" God let us win at least 1st"
The 1st place winner was a group of dance majors. Me and the boys thought it was over. Our heads hung low.
" Aaaaand the Grand Prize winners of the annual Lincoln School Of The Arts are LUCAS, ARMON AND TREY FOR THEIR SONG 21 QUESTIONS!!!" The crowd went crazy! Me and the boys hugged eachother and ran out on stage. After it was all over, we talked to the music producers and gave them our information in the music room. All of our families went out together to dinner. My Mom was so happy she couldn't stop smiling. It felt so good to see her so happy.

WHAT IT DO YALL! Shout out to _princess_jackie21 for sharing my story and voting for the chapters I will at least get 4 more chapters uploaded tonight so please keep tuned in and reading. I really appreciate it. Btw , Kayla will resume her story Im just giving you background of Lucas's. - shy 💙