Brynjolf x Reader - Saving you

Look at his smug face. I need a short and sort-of-sweet chapter. So here is some love for this boi and his life saving skills.<3

Fan Art: http://www.deviantart.com/art/10-365-656567249

He started it

"We have been looking for this man for three days, can we just assume he died and his corpse was ripped apart by bears?!" I whisper-screamed to Brynjolf as we ducked behind a rock.

"No [Y/N]." He said in the most monotone voice I had ever heard.

I had been complaining the about our current mission for the past four days. I had complained when we were given the mission, complained the day we left, complained the next day, complained all day yesterday, and now I was complaining as we were being hunted by a hoard of skeletons and a necromancer.

Coincidentally the necromancer was the man we were looking for, he owed me a lot of money for something I am not legally allowed to say aloud, and we were here to either take the coin or his life.

"But Bryn!" I dramatically lay against the rock as a sword swung for my face.

I blocked it effortlessly, and grabbed the wrist of the skeleton. I flipped him over the rock and shattered his body against the ground. Another one swung for Brynjolf and he engaged it in combat. I took on the three that were going after him.

"There you are!" The Necromancer said, bringing the other skeleton I had killed back to life.

"Great." I sighed as I rammed my body into the side of one that was going for Brynjolf's back.

I crouched as a an ice spike flew over my head. 'Apprentice level destruction' I noted. Great an apprentice necromancer was easy to take down. I swung at a few more of the bogs of bones, but they just kept coming back to life.

"Time to bring in a special weapon." I muttered.

I sheathed my sword and I concentrated my abilities on summoning a Dremora Lord. He came out of nowhere, manifesting a few feet from the Necromancer. 

"Are you prepared for your death?" It screamed and ran for the robed man.

I snickered as I watched the Lord make the Necromancer dance, swinging left and right and making him move from side to side.

"Nice work lass." Brynjolf said, placing a hand on my shoulder as I rose from my crouch.

"I try my best." I smirked as he pulled my waist close to him.

The necromancer tried to summon a few skeletons to take on my Lord but it was futile. Brynjolf and I took them out before they could even rise off the ground. I smiled as I struck the last one down and Bryn smiled back. Divines I love his smile.

"NO!" The Necromancer cried.

The next few moments were blurry. It was hot and cold at the same time, I saw a flash of light and then the next thing I knew I was laying on my back with little to no strength left in me to move. I looked around to Brynjolf who was knelt on the ground a good metre away from me. He was very close to death. One more hit and he would be done for. 

I looked up just as the necromancer stabbed my Demora Lord in the head, he faded and made his way back to Oblivion, and the necromancer started to walk in my direction. 

"No..." I heard Bryn grunt.

I looked at the man, in one hand he had the dagger he stabbed my Lord with and in the other a Chain Lightening spell.

'Well that explains why I can't move.' I thought. 'He's a fucking Ascendant Necromancer. Only they carry that spell.'

I tried moving my legs but they were frozen in place. They were so heavy, everything was so heavy, I was so... so tired.

"Ha, I think you're bleeding!" He laughed.

Thats when the feeling hit me, the pure pain searing through my left leg. 

"SHIT!" I screamed.

"Now now, no need for such language." He smirked, stabbing through my foot.

"SHIT!" I bellowed louder.

"Oh, I am terribly sorry, did that hurt?" He twisted the dagger clockwise 90 degrees.

I let out an ungodly screech as the blade destroyed the inside of my right foot, ripping a part the ligaments and scraping at the bones.

"Now this specimen I can work with." He chuckled. "Yes, defiantly. You will work f-"

Tears may have been blurring my vision but my ears sure as heck still worked. I looked up once the man had stopped talking to see a dwarven sword poking out of his chest.

"Bryn." I sighed as the necromancer fell to the floor.

I looked up at the sky. It was so peaceful, the sun surrounded by clouds sitting on a background of blue, it was quite the sight. Even though I was literally in a whole other world of pain I was somehow calm and collected. My vision saw spots as a shadow loomed over me.

"You need to drink this." It said, forcing a potion down my throat.

Such soft hands, I knew instantly that it was Brynjolf. 

"[Y/N], do you..." He moved knelt down next to me and pushed my hair out of my face. "Do you think you can use healing hands on me? I need to carry you back to the guild to fix you up?"

He picked up my heavy hands and I focused all the energy I had left into healing Brynjolf. It hurt, like hell, but I had to save at least one of our lives.

"Don't you ever do that again." He sternly said, holding my hands against his chest. I could feel the life returning to his body under my touch, and I started to feel my body come back to me. "I have no idea what I would have done if I had lost you lass."

"I wasn't my fault. He started it." I grumbled.

"Maybe next time you should pick more evenly matched fights lass." He chuckled, picking my limp body off the floor and into his arms, bridal style. "Lets get you home."

"I love you Brynjolf." I snuggled into his chest.

"I love you too."