Mercer Frey x Reader - Dragon attack

I got a request from @DeztaRose for a scenario with my second favourite betrayer. He must save you from a dragon attack, good luck Dovahkiin!

Fan Art: http://www.deviantart.com/art/skyrim-mercer-Frey-358802665

Just in time

I raced over the green lands of Whiterun, just past the giant camp, on my horse. I was trying to get away from a blood dragon.

It had been following me since I left Riften, stalking me, waiting patiently until I was no longer under the cover of trees and towers. I took the longer route to be sure I could be safe for my journey but this damn dragon wasn't giving up.

And now I was in an open area with a horse that was running out of stamina.

"Fuck." I whispered as I ducked into my horse's mane, avoiding the fiery inferno that was trying to burn us alive.

My horse bucked as the dragon hovered in the air in front of us. I went to grab him but missed by mer inches and I fell to the ground.

'Annnndddd there goes my horse' I thought as the dragon chased it out of sight.

"Can this day get anymore fun-tastic?" I moaned, rubbing my ass where it hit the ground. Hard might I add, it stung just as much as being blasted by that dragons Thu'um.

I set my own Thu'um to Dragonrend and equiped my war hammer, I was so ready to take down this bastard.

I heard the distant sound of my horse dying and I readied myself.

"Come at me dragon, I and Dragonborn. I will kill you." I tightened my grip on my hammer as I watched the dragon fly above my head.

"Joor Zah Frul!" I shouted, missing the beast, and I cursed under my breath.

It hovered in the air and blew fire in my direction.

I panicked. I ran. I got scorched.

"Ahh!!" I yelled, heading for the side of the mountain.

I needed to have some sort of advantage, somewhere to hide and evaluate the situation.

"What are you scared of Dovahkiin?" The dragon challenged.

I huffed at the very statement that I was scared. I noted the blood coming from my arm where the damn thing had searched away my guild outfit and what looked to be a few layers of skin too.

Fire was bellowed at me once again, chasing my heels and making me change direction.

Sneaky dragon.

I switched out my weapon for a bow, firing a good six or seven shot at the beast.

I watched as it weakened and it faltered after my last shot, giving me the perfect widow of opportunity to shout once again. This time I would have better aim.

"Joor Zah Frul!"

It fell to the ground with a loud thud and I wobble a little on my feet before regaining my balance and changing out my weapon back to my hammer.

I charged at the dragon, I was like a butcher tenderising the meat, beating it into submission. Or so I had thought.

The dragon was fighting back with such ferocity that I was stunned when it went to chomp on my arm. The teeth sunk into me deeply, and all I could think to do was scream.

The dragon lifted me slightly into the air by the arm its teeth were latched into and threw me across the grassland.

I had no perception of time when I was in the air, so much so that I don't even remember what distance I traveled before I hit the rock that made my vision blurry. However I was glad to see that the dragon wasn't approaching me, but was flying into the air and over my head.