Chapter 25

Angela POV

"Well... Don't go mute on me now princess. I waiting for your answer." Ste- I mean Angelo said with a smile.

Charles let me go and got off from the chair, He move away from me then Angelo walk towards me and sit down cross legged.

I was still staring at this guy when he raises his eyebrow at me.

"Hello? Princess? Are you there?...... Charles, I think she's just too fascinated by my handsomeness that she just black out open eyes." He said and I quickly got off on the other side of the bed.

"Y-You tried to k-kill m-me." I stutter before he grins.

"Well... Yes. I have tried to kill you but who knew you'd still be alive and walking around like nothings wrong. I guess the rock hit you hard on the head huh?" He said making my body stilled.

He eyes roam my body up and down before his eyes meet my eyes.

"You've change so much... you're face, your hair and your body... You're turning into a young woman. More beautiful than before. I might even take you away." He said and chuckle at the end.

After he told me this, I saw Charles hands clench before he stands in front of me.

"Boss, I need to talk with her. That is if you allow me."

Angelo look between me and Charles before he nods. He gets off the chair and exit the room then close the door. Everything was silent until I look at Charles.

"My old friend? Are you crazy? He's the guy who shot me. Why are you calling him boss? Why did you even bring me to him?" I told him and he sigh.

"Look, everything will be ex- "

"You keep saying that yet it leads to another mystery! Why can't you just tell me?!" I yell shocking him.

The room went silent again. I look at his guilty face before walking pass him towards the open balcony door. The sounds of waves calm me a bit and I feel something on my cheek that I know all too well.

"Angela... I'm so sorry. Like I said, he is the one who's gonna tell you everything. It's not my place to tell you about this things."

"Why do you even listen to him? He's a bad man!" I snap and turn to look at him.

He looks down while rubbing his face with his palms then running it through his hair.

"Look, I do all of this for a reason. That is all I can say." He said and I glare at him before turning back to the sea.

My hands grip my dress tight before I take a deep breath, smelling the salty air and exhale. Turning around slowly, I look at him.

"Can I go back to Roman's now?" I told him and he look at me shaking his head.

"No, because three grizzly bears are out on a hunt for you and that's trouble for both of me and boss. Plus, if Mr. Aurelio found out that Stefen is not actually Stefen. There's gonna be double trouble for us." He answered me and I sigh.

"Won't Roman suspect a thing that Stefen is not around him?"

"No, the boss was ordered to search for any information about you but the boss wanted to see you. So, he ordered someone else to do it for him and he will be off an hour from now."

"Does.... Does Lorenzo know about this?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"No, Not even a little. But we can hope that he doesn't suspect a thing. Lorenzo is the type to be wary about everything around him. So, all I can say right now is maybe he won't suspect a thing."