Chapter 30

Angela POV

Huffing, I silently sit at the chair on the balcony. Charlie said that maybe tomorrow I won't be able to go to the party ball type thingy because Roman will definitely be there, which is dangerous for me.

I get it, the man is dangerous and all but they know all to well he won't hurt me.

And yet, he leaves bruises on you.

Going quiet on the thought, I shake my head and bite my thumb.

No, He said he will change. He said he will. He'll keep his promise.

Are you sure?

Huffing again, I bite my thumb harder and suddenly a warm body sits next to me. His scent is one of a kind actually.

"Angela, Stop biting your thumb. You'll hurt yourself."

Charles take my hand away from my mouth and pat my hand.

"Again, Why can't I go to the party?" I ask him and he sigh.

"Again, because we can't risk anything. Two hell hounds are after you and you know very well who they are." He said and flick my forehead before giving e a sandwich.

I bite into it and rub my forehead.

"Girl, Stop asking that question and didn't Lorenzo already told you about Roman? You're suppose to know by now." Angelo walks out and lean against the fence.

"Tell what? What about Roman?" I asked and both of them froze at the same time.

"You mean Lorenzo didn't tell you when he came here the other day?"

"We did talk but nothing about Roman because he keeps avoiding the question but now that you've said it, What about him?" I asked and a dread feeling pools at the bottom of my stomach.

Angelo curses and walk inside after telling Charles it's not his problem. Charles only glare at the back of his head before looking at me.

"....You....You might want another ice cream after this."

-----------------------

"NO!" I yelled at him and step away.

No No No No NO

"Angela, Believe me. It's the truth." Charles said and was about to hold me but I only step away again.

"Liar! He wouldn't do that. He's good man. He said he'll change."

"Apparently he's lying. He had done something horrible and there's not turning back. He has gone crazy."

"No no no, He wouldn't do that."

"Angela, think about what he had done to you. You think the boss and I didn't notice the bruises on you? Even your brother must have noticed it too when he saw you. We are trying to keep you safe from him. He's dangerous."

I look at him and old memories flows back into my head. The way he held me roughly but also the day he cried. Was that a lie?

No, It wasn't.

I couldn't think of anything else. Is he bad? Is he good? What am I going to do? Was what Charles told me a lie or truth?

But my heart is whispering to me that it is not impossible that Roman had killed my brother. It is the truth and I'm on the verge of breaking. Breaking like a shattered glass.

"Angela..."

I look up to his and he place both his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry you're in this situation. Everything is too much to handle, I know but breath in deeply and listen to your heart." He said and point on my chest.