Chapter 31

Angela POV

"It's okay, just sit here with me if you want." Lorenzo said and I bite my inner cheek.

I became to nervous and scared at him after what happened. It as if I dealing with a ticking bomb right now.

Gathering alittle bit of courage, I slowly walk towards him and sit down beside him. I made sure to keep a comfortable gap between us so he could have his space.

It was silence again and I can feel myself getting more and more nervous than before. He wasn't looking at me anymore which I am greatful but I can't help my eyes going back and forth between the ground and him.

He looks calm and collected all the time but now... he looks tired.

I wonder what had happened to him? I've been collecting history stories from the others apparently but never him and I wonder if I get him to tell me. Each story seems unreal and I always feel sorry for them, no one deserves to when through like that.

But it's fate.

I sigh when that thought came. Even if it is fate, it's still unfair. Why can't people be happy? Why do they have to went through all of this? If there was no problem in the world, no negetivity, no judging and no greed. Will the world change? Will there be no enemies? Will there be no hatred?

Just a comfortable life. A normal comfortable life for everyone...

A soft pat on my head shook me out of my mind and I look at Lorenzo soft smile.

"Don't think too hard. Just relax."

I look down and clench my hands.

"But what you said in there... It really had me thinking... resting in my mind and plays like a music. It's deep and coming from you didn't really shock me but it's just the way you let it out..."

"Angela, what I said in there is what I've been through and not for you to concern." He said and inhale deeply before exhaling.

I can never know what he's thinking. He's a private person and I know it gonna be hard to know anything about him. His poker face he always puts on is really weird. People seems to be surprise when he smiles and It got me thinking why. Was he that much of a blank face person everyday?

"Brother?"

"Hm?"

"Why don't you smile?" I asked and he the looks on his face says it all.

Many people asked him this before.

"Why I don't smile? I guess I just got tired of it."

"...why?"

He chuckle and I move closer to him. This seems interesting.

"Well... would you smile to someone who doesn't appreciates it? I know I don't. It's silly and stupid to smile at people if they just return it with a glare or question you why you smile like an idiot?"

"But you smile at me."

He look at me then a small smile appear.

"You deserve it. I never seen anyone like you. Sure I met a few before who's kind but... I don't know. I think it just the vibe you give off."

"Vibe?"

"Yes, miss curious. Your vibe. You seem to have something, you know? Friendly? Kindness? Brightness? Sweetness? Who knows. At first, when I met you. I thought that you're just some kid who just loves books but as I get to know you, I became so fond of you that I learnt not every kid is as bratty as I know." He said and I slap his arm but a little happiness grew in me that I can't help but smile.