Chapter 26

Angela POV

"Why is he buying me this stuff anyway?" I ask Charles while he arrange the dresses on the bed.

"Hm?" He hums questioningly.

Three days has passed since I've been taken. Angelo has been busy with Roman and my brother, Yury. He told me that Nikolay didn't show up anymore and that was weird. All of us have no clue where he is or even where he is staying. But what we know is that he's looking for me.

Charles told me to never leave the house, afraid to be found. But how can anyone find me? I'm in the most rural area and there are no electronic devices in this house. All I ever did here was read and hanging around with Charles. Only at night time I could go out to the beach but I can't swim in it.

"Well, we have to make you look beautiful at the event. These dresses are for yours to pick and the boss didn't know what to choose, so he bought six just in case and this is your first time going to an event like this." He said while looking at the silky emerald dress with crystals all over it like stars which is very beautiful.

"I appreciate what he did but six dresses are too much or he could just take me with him." I told him and look at the dark blue one with two straps and gold patterns on the bottom of the dress.

"He can do whatever he wants. I can't stop him. Plus, you can't go anywhere remember? Now what do you think about this emerald one? Or do you prefer light pink?" He lifts up the pink dress with a bow beside it. It faded to a darker color pink as the dress reach the bottom.

"I'm... not much of a pink person... sorry." I said and cringe at the dress.

He chuckles and put away the pink dress. Now there, five more. Emerald, dark blue, light blue, black and grey.

The grey captures my attention and I pick it up.

"Grey... It does look lovely." He hums and look at it carefully.

"It's beautiful. I love it." I said admiring the beautiful silky dress.

Touching the fabric, I slide my fingertip on it and smile.

"Alright, seems like you've made a choice. Go try it on." He said and push me into the bathroom.

"Wait!" I exclaim and turn to his questioning eyes.

"The story you told me before about your mom and da-"

"It was a lie."

I frown and he shake his head.

"Have you not notice? The story I told and what the boss told are the same? I want to see your reaction. Plus, I have to pretend to be 'Angelo Sivan' too." He said and I nod my head at him.

"Now go. I want to see how you look like in it." He said while pushing me inside and closing the door.

I hang the dress and lock the door before sighing. It's been a while since I last see Roman. I wonder how's he doing. Looking up to the mirror, I see dark circles under my eyes.

It was hard for me to sleep every night knowing the truth now. My mind is filled with questions and worries of what going to happen now.

Shaking my head, I take of all my clothes and continue my task.

------------------

"So how does it fe- "

I step out of the bathroom and close the door behind me before looking at Charles gaping mouth. He stands there looking at me and I get a little uncomfortable.

"It doesn't look good on me? Okay, I'll just pick another one then." I said and ready to take the dark blue dress before he blocks me.

"No no no no no, you look absolutely stunning." He said and I look at him.