|8|

She was peacefully

 out of place.

Sometimes I believe 

She intended to be, 

Like the moon during the day. 

-D.R. 

***

Jay woke up the next morning with only one thought on his mind.

Daisy.

He groaned, getting out of bed.

The dinner for her had gone better than expected. At the sight of pancakes, she had squealed, rushing up to Jackie and giving her a giant hug. It bemused Alpha Jay how quickly she was winning over the pack members.

He had taken over the pack from his father almost four years ago and was still trying to earn their affection.

They had parted that night with a hug and goodbye. "Don't worry, I'll see you tomorrow hot stuff," Daisy said walking away with a wink.

Jay really didn't know what to think of her. She was outspoken and walked with confidence and power in herself. Her eyes.... they were strange, but they had captured his soul. Pale blue. And her hair.

Alpha Jay closed his eyes remembering the white hair that flowed down her back.

He quickly got dressed in his regular black shirt and jeans outfit, hurrying so that he could see Daisy.

Going down the stairs, he was met with a sight that surprised him.

Jackie was laughing, cooking, and darting around the kitchen with Daisy helping her. She was wearing her same outfit- same necklace and long flowing skirt with sandals. The only difference now was her shirt. It was black and read, "I'm only here for the food."

Daisy felt Jay's eyes on her. She stopped what she was doing and stood up smiling, walking over to him.

"Good morning Jay," she said, wiggling her eyebrows at him.

Jay's chest rumbled deep inside with pleasure, his eyes getting dark. "Morning Daisy."

Jackie paused in her actions to smile at the Alpha, "Alpha Jay! You didn't tell me you had met your mate!"

Alpha Jay sat down on one of the island stools that overlooked the kitchen.

"I was planning on announcing it at the next pack meeting," Alpha Jay said.

Jackie nodded and went back to her busy work around the kitchen. Most of the pack fed themselves. Jackie just cooked meals for those who lived in the pack house.

"Have you seen Grace already?" Jay asked Daisy, his eyes trained on her figure as she moved around the kitchen.

Daisy nodded, "I saw her early this morning with the new medicine that she will take."

Alpha Jay's eyes never left his mate's figure. Her slim waist...her chest.... those eyes.... the hair that was carelessly tied up in a bun on top her head. She was beautiful.

"John is doing better also," Daisy said, breaking Jay's train of thought.

"John?" Jay asked.

Daisy nodded. "I gave him a new medicine. The one doc had him on wasn't working well with his system. We'll see if this one works better with him and his wolf."

She flashed a smile at Jay before leaning down and pulling a tray out of the oven. Jay couldn't help his wandering eyes...

Jackie coughed loudly, causing Alpha Jay to look at her. "None of that in my kitchen Alpha," Jackie said tsking at Jay.

A low growl escaped Alpha Jay's mouth.

Daisy turned around to face Jay, a twinkle in her eyes.

Jackie was in high spirits as she left the kitchen to wake up some of the pack members who were still asleep.

Once she was gone, Daisy leaned over to Jay. She whispered into his ears, "Don't you know I can feel where your eyes go hot stuff?"

Daisy's breath on his ears sent goosebumps down his arms. He felt bewildered at her behaviors. She seemed so confident and sure of her every action. He was Alpha blood, he was supposed to act this way also but females had always bewildered him. Even if it was his mate.

"Daisy," he growled out. She smirked at him and gave a flirting smile before going back to cooking.

Jay was starting to understand a little bit of Daisy's action. The moon blessed healer was a hurricane. She came and went leaving her own trail.

Jay couldn't take his eyes off her. She just...glowed.

He still didn't know much about his mate he had just found, but he wanted to. Tonight. They still had their plans for their dinner.

Jay sat back and sighed, thinking of what he could do to bring out that intoxicating laugh from her lips.

mmmhhhh so that's posted...

Maybe it's because the story is posted from third person...I refuse to become a hater of my own story though. I mean everything is already written (yes I have the whole story written- now I'm just doing daily updates hahahaha go me!) But something in me cringes when I read these chapters out loud. Maybe it's because I know how it ends (mwhahahaha). 

So Daisy is her own little personality of woman. She don't need to impress no man *nods head and fist bumps or whatever you kids do these days* She already has poor Jay wrapped around her little finger. 

What do you think will happen on their "date?" 

We still have questions about Grace's health and her pups. 

What will this Moon blessed healer bring? 

Find out more (I sound like one of those Saturday morning cartoon show episodes...) tomorrow! 

loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////