|37|

What good are wings, 

Without the courage to fly?

***

There are several stories that compare and fit to my father

As I read into the history of old legends and myths, I could see the similarities to the legends told within the pages, to that that my father had whispered to me at night.

The story of him.

Two stood out though.

The first was the story of the sun and moon.

How their creation came about, when they were angels of above, high glorious creatures that stood over generations. However as they watched, they soon saw the emotions that came about. Anger, sorrow, hope and above all- love.

The two angels noticed these strange passions of the creatures and saw that they to had these emotions inside of them.

It hit them then how much they loved the other.

And raw, pure love consumed them like the scorching fire that it is.

But the other angels found out.

Emotions were forbidden within their realm.

Though they created such things and granted them to humanity, they were not as blessed to be able to indulge in such thoughts.

Casting them aside, the other high beings turned the male angel, in all his glory- into the sun.

The female and her dark glow was thrown into the night- caged and locked their.

The two saw each other from the distance on each horizon.

And each time they chased the other, lovers constantly, and desperately hoping to reach out. To consume themselves in the passion that they once shared.

They rarely meet, and always chase, and almost always miss each other.

But when they are able to catch up to the other and kiss- the world stares in awe of their eclipse.