|32|

Do not fall in love with people like me. 

I will take you to museums and parks,
and monuments, 
and
kiss you in every
 beautiful place, 
so 
that you can never
go back to them 
without tasting me

like blood in your 
mouth.

I will destroy you 
in the most 
beautiful way 
possible. And when 
I leave you will 
finally 
understand, why 
storms are named 
after people. 

~Caitlyn Siehl

***

It came suddenly and unexpectedly.

Everyone was sitting down eating breakfast, laughing and smiling as Jay sat at the head of the table.

One pack warrior laughed and asked where Daisy was. Jay shrugged and smiled as he remembered kissing her sleeping figure before heading down for breakfast.

"Isn't that her?"

Jay turned his head where the confused voice pointed and dropped his fork at what he saw.

Daisy had her backpack on, while her tan bag was hanging from her hands, she was walking away, towards the forest and away from the pack house.

Jay pushed himself away from the table and found himself running out of the house, yelling after her, his pack following closely behind.

"Daisy! Daisy!"

She stiffened before turning around, a soft smile spreading over her.

"Hey hot stuff," she whispered.

"Daisy what...," Jay looked at the bags Daisy was carrying.

She winced as he looked over her but remained standing straight up and tall.

"I'm leaving."

The air seemed to leave Jay's lungs as he felt his legs shake. He couldn't hold himself up and felt one knee bend. He looked up at Daisy as she looked back down at him.

"Daisy no...," he knew this was coming, knew this day would be upon them. But what he had not thought was that she would steal away while he wasn't looking. Without a goodbye. Without warning.

"Jay you knew this was coming," she looked down at him with sad eyes. Did she feel nothing? Jay thought. Did she not feel the crushing sensation within her soul? The pounding of her heart as it tore apart?

"You'll come back though," Jay choked out, thinking they had shared too much for her to not come back.

Daisy sighed and walked forward until she reached out to caress his face, "I follow the moon and her will. I must go and I will go wherever she leads me. But my soul will always wander back to you."

Jay could not stop the tears that spilled from his eyes, "Daisy I love you." He did not know why he said it. He thought he could handle it, thought he could watch her walk away, but now as the moment was happening, he realized he couldn't. He just couldn't. Who was strong enough for this?

"Always remember this my love," she said, bending down until she was eye level with him, "We are under the same sky, and looking at the same moon."

She leaned in closer and kissed him softly. Jay eagerly kissed her back, tasting her and pressing her into his memory.

He did not think of this as their last kiss.

"I love you Jay," she whispered before pulling away.

"I love you," Jay choked. He looked at her and watched as she grabbed her bag and walked away.

"Goodbye, Hot Stuff," she walked further into the woods, disappearing from his sight.

"Goodbye my moon child."

Something seemed to break inside him. Jay frantically stood up and tore through the woods, following after her. He ignored the cries from his watching pack and raced through the branches and trees.

He raised his head, trying to find her scent, only to realize there was none.
"Daisy!" he yelled, desperation in his voice.

"Daisy!" His throat cracked as he screamed her name, over and over until it was raw.

He raced through the woods.

She was gone. She was gone.

How could she be gone so fast.

One moment she was there, the next she was away, just like the moon- moving on.

Jay felt uncontrollable sobs arise from his chest as he frantically looked around.

Where was she?

She couldn't be gone. That couldn't be it.

He should have stopped her. He should have held onto her, screamed at her, tried everything within his power to make her stay.

Instead he just watched as she walked from him. Walked without a backwards glance.

He fell to the floor of the woods, clinging onto his chest as his heart ripped apart. His soul could still feel her, yet she wasn't there. She wasn't there to cure him or sooth his crushed love.

Instead she had left him bleeding. Dying upon the floor.

 Dying upon the floor

There are still more chapters. 

Don't leave me now (DON'T BE A DAISY) and be a Jay and stick with me as I continue the story. 

Until next time, 

Loves,

/////WORLD_JOY_/////