|19|

a sky full of stars and he was staring at her

***

Daisy looked at Jay.

His rising and falling chest. She loved the pressure of his arm as it draped on her stomach. She couldn't stop a smile from coming to her.

Jay shifted within his sleep. He felt her eyes on him and looked over. Her bright blue eyes gazed from the other side of the bed.

"Good morning my little moon," he said. He couldn't remember the last time he had been this happy.

"Morning hot stuff," she bent down and kissed his lips, causing him to grab her waist and repeat the actions of last night.

He ignored the nagging feeling that he had stuff he needed to do. Instead he basked in the glow of his mate and the feel of her.

Sometime later they emerged. Jackie was all smiles as she fed them.

"Quite an appetite Alpha," she noted, giggling to herself.

Jay ignored the older woman and glanced at Daisy. Jackie looked also and felt her face fall.

She wasn't marked.

"I need to check on Grace," Daisy said, getting up and bending down to plant a syrupy kiss on Jay, "She's probably wondering what's taking me so long."

And with that she was gone like a unexpected storm.

"Jay...," Jackie sat down and took one of her Alpha's hand. Jay only allowed it because no one else was in the room to see, "Jay they will know. Your business is the packs business. The warriors, some of them heard you and Daisy. I'm sorry to say it but it's true. They know, but she has no mark. They will question...," Jackie felt her breath hitch as her Alpha looked up.

She had never seen such vulnerability and pain within his eyes. Just as it was seen though, it was gone.

"I will not force her into something she does not want," his voice was steady and silent.

Jackie watched as her Alpha went back upstairs, his good mood suddenly broken.

Startled she touched her face and realized that tears were coursing down.

Later that night Daisy stood in the moon's light.

She felt others eyes on her as she softly twirled around, dancing in her true mother's glow.

This was the one place where she felt safe. Safe in her mother's arms.

Jay sat watching her from the porch. He loved and yet at the same time, hated these moments. He loved to watch her dance in the moonlight. Loved to watch her skin glow within the dark. Loved to see her hair as it softly rose and landed within the air.

And yet he hated it.

Hated that she seemed distant from him. That she felt as if she was in another world and place. It was in these moments that it hit Jay that his mate was not a normal wolf. That she had a greater purpose in life that he would never be able to comprehend. She was gifted. She had the responsibility to uphold and use her gifts.

Jay felt an overwhelming sadness expand in him.

She was so far away.

She walked closer to him and he felt himself reach out for her.

To make sure that she was real and here with him.

Just in this moment he wanted to yell at the moon, "she's mine! Not yours!"

But he knew it was not true.

And in his heart- though he didn't not want to think about it and ask her- he questioned who she would choose if it came down to it.

Him? Or her Moon.

I'm just going to go quietly sob in the corner over there.

SOOOO to ramble onwards, right now I'm reading "The Glittering Court." So good. The second book just came out and so I was like, "Let's do this!" *fist pump* 

Tell me peepers, What's your favorite book? It can be a Wattpad story if insist (what "Moon Child" is your favorite story?! *blush* (lol no it's not even my favorite story and I wrote the sucker)).

Hope you guys enjoyed the latest update! 

Comment on what ya think (unless you want to spit out mean mean things that make no sense and make me cry. Then you can just shove it in your pie crust). 

Loves AALLLLL OF YOU!

loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////