|23|

She was never afraid of his darkness, 
or the demons that lurked in his eyes.

He thought no one could ever love him,

if he revealed what lurked inside.

***

Daisy woke up pressed against Jay's body.

She loved the feeling of him against her.

Slowly, so she wouldn't wake him, she turned around and watched him sleep. She smiled at his unguarded face and how young he looked.

Her smile faltered though when she saw his pillow.

Bitten.

It was shredded.

Daisy softly touched the vomiting pillow, as the material flowed out. It took her a moment to realize why.

She reflected back to last night, her eyes closing and savoring the memory.

How Jay's body was over hers, their rhythm, their pressing.

Daisy gasped and grabbed him, wanting him closer, wanting more. She grabbed his hair, pushing his mouth to hers as he continued his rhythm, continued invading every part of her.

She felt tears in her eyes and looked up at Jay. His eyes were bright and a small bead of sweat trickled down his face. Daisy moaned at the sight.

Together they reached their peak, Daisy almost screaming Jay's name as he relentlessly continued. She heard his moan and felt his face fall to the side of hers as he stilled, letting her feel the full of him.

That had been when it happened Daisy realized, coming back to reality and taking in the pillow.

Instead of biting and marking her, his senses exploding with the sensation and the need to do so, he had taken it out on the pillow. Something about the sight of the deformed object made Daisy sad. It made her blush in mortification.

But she wouldn't be marked.

She was marked by the moon and no one else.

No man could mark her, and no man could own her.

She belonged to herself.

She had thought, that first night, that Jay would ignore her pleas, and bite her anyway. Part of her begged for it. There was a small part of her that always wanted it.

But the bigger part inside of her- the part that knew better- knew that she didn't want to be marked.

She felt tears collide within her eyes as she realized the pain she was putting Jay through, every time they showed their love. Every time they were together. The pleasure, the pure joy and ecstasy and yet, the pain. The pain as she reminded Jay in every way that he didn't and never would, own her.

He stirred in his sleep and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close to him and flushed against his bare chest.

She pressed closer and wrapped her arms around him. She loved sharing his bed. Loved the nights when they were caught up within each other, and the nights when all they did was simply hold each other and sleep.

"Morning Hot stuff," she said, kissing his chest.

A throaty growl that gave her goosebumps emerged from his throat. He looked down at her, his eyes shining gold.