|48|

Of course I loved him. 

You don't give people you don't love, 

the power to destroy you. 

***

The man sat at the table with his head bowed.

Hands folded.

Breathes shuddered.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

One inhale at a time to maintain his shaky composure.

Eyes closed.

Blocking out the world.

Blocking out everything that was wrong with it in that moment.

He heard the door open and raised his head, taking in the form of the stranger that stood across from him.

"Where is he?"

The strange scent invaded his nose. He did not know who she was. She was not a member. Not a part of the pack. Intruder.

He rose, a threatening growl escaping his throat, "How did you get in here?"

"Where is he."

She stumbled forward, swaying upon her feet, looking dazed. The man took a dangerous step towards her, when he finally fully took in the scent. Fully took in what had crossed his door.

"Where is he?!" The question came out as a plea. A cry.

"You're too late," he spat out, realizing now who this was.

The woman fell to the floor, crashing upon her knees- a heart wrenching scream breaking through her and shuttering the foundation of the house as she clung to her chest, tears freely falling down.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

"No. No! I can't accept it! I felt the tear, felt the shatter, felt my-," she gasped out her words, unable to fully say what she wanted through her moans of pain and misery.

The man stepped forward, taking in her pitiful sight.

"Who did this. Tell me. I will crush them with my hands, take the wrath of the Moon upon them and-,"

"You."
She paused and choked back on her pain, her pale blue eyes looking up and focusing for the first time on who stood before her.

She gasped then.

He looked just like him.

A copy.

The only difference were the dark blue eyes that bore into her, mixing and lacing themselves with disgust and hatred.

"Little one...,"

"Oh?!" He laughed, a cruel taunting laugh full of pain, "finally recognized me?"

The woman whimpered at his eyes, flinched at his tone.

"Where is he."
She repeated her question of before.

"Leave," the man hissed out, "Leave before I rip your throat out."
But before any threat could be fulfilled, a young woman entered the room.

She took in the crying woman upon the ground, before approaching the man and whispering in his ear.

He closed his eyes in silent defeat.